Two firefighters died in fire near Bordeaux airport in July
AI-generated summary
Devastating fire near Bordeaux airport in July 2023, with loss of human life.
The teenager indicted in the investigation into the fire which caused the death of two firefighters in July near Bordeaux airport, in Mérignac (Gironde), admitted to having thrown a cigarette butt at the place where the fire started, the prosecution said this Friday. The 15-year-old teenager was indicted for “unintentional destruction by fire […] causing the death of others,” said the public prosecutor in Bordeaux, Renaud Gaudeul, in a press release.
Arrested and placed in police custody on Tuesday, two brothers, occupants of a vehicle which had been seen in “immediate proximity” to the fire, admitted their presence on July 21 at that location, according to the magistrate. The older brother, an adult, is “at this stage exonerated”, affirmed the prosecutor, specifying that the minor admitted to having “smoked a cigarette, which was subsequently thrown away”. The teenager estimated “that he could be at the origin of the disaster, without certainty”. The teenager was placed in a closed educational center, “following his first appearance interrogation,” added Renaud Gaudeul.
Two firefighters killed
On July 21, the truck in which the two firefighters were located had been “trapped” in a plot of pine trees engulfed in flames, according to the director of the Departmental Fire and Rescue Service (Sdis) of Gironde, Marc Vermeulen.
AI outlook — possibilities, not facts
Minor's trial in the coming months
Likely · Within months

Alisa Goods, 63 ans, disparue à Las Vegas le 8 août, a été retrouvée morte près de l'aéroport Harry Reid. Sa famille avait reçu des messages suspects réclamant de l'argent via Bitcoin après sa disparition, que la police locale n'avait initialement pas jugée suspecte.

Le parquet de Paris a ouvert une enquête pour cyberharcèlement et menaces de mort contre Gisèle Journo, agente d'influenceurs, après la diffusion de captures d'écran de ses réseaux sociaux liées au conflit à Gaza, provoquant une polémique politique.
Le suspect du meurtre de l'influenceuse Sonia Bellina, retrouvée morte et partiellement calcinée dans le Gard en août 2026, a été mis en examen et incarcéré. L'homme de 32 ans, au passé judiciaire chargé, a reconnu une relation tarifée avec la victime.
La Gendarmerie royale du Canada a annoncé l'arrestation à Montréal d'un adolescent proche de la mouvance néonazie qui planifiait une attaque contre une école, suite à un signalement du FBI.
Un homme de 32 ans, déjà condamné pour violences conjugales et porteur d'un bracelet anti-rapprochement, a été mis en examen pour l'assassinat de l'influenceuse Sonia Bellina, dont le corps a été retrouvé brûlé à Saint-Gilles.
Des parents d'élèves de centres de loisirs parisiens sont consternés après avoir appris qu'un animateur a été placé en garde à vue pour des faits suspectés d'agression sexuelle sur mineur lors de la sieste.