A 67-year-old Brisbane man has been charged with 34 historical offences, including rape and indecent treatment of girls, allegedly committed against five victims between the early 1970s and late 1980s.
AI-generated summary
The matter was reported to police in May last year, leading to an arrest in Bracken Ridge last week.
A 67-year-old Brisbane man has been charged with historical sexual offences dating back to the early 1970s.
Police allege the man sexually assaulted five girls, some of them at a north Brisbane bakery where he worked, into the late 1980s.
Police said the girls were in their pre-teens and teens and were known to the man.
The man, who was arrested at Bracken Ridge in north Brisbane last week, faces 34 charges including rape, indecent treatment of girls under 16 and threatening violence.
He also faces charges of indecent treatment of girls under 17 and deprivation of liberty.
The matter was reported to police in May last year.
Boondall Child Protection Investigations Unit Detective Senior Sergeant Derek Harris said investigations are ongoing.
"Detectives are committed to pursuing all avenues to seek justice for victim-survivors, we acknowledge the immense courage it takes to come forward with reports of this nature," he said.
The suspect was denied bail and is due to face Brisbane Magistrates Court on September 28.
AI outlook — possibilities, not facts
The suspect will face Brisbane Magistrates Court on September 28.
Very likely · Within weeks
Former world boxing champion Zolani Tete, 38, was shot dead by two masked gunmen outside his home in Mdantsane, South Africa. A 27-year-old woman accompanying him was also wounded in the attack. Authorities have launched an investigation into the motive.
Nigerian authorities are investigating two fraudulent agencies, the PFIPC and NBDMNSPO, which operated from government buildings using forged documents. Prince Adeniyi Adeyemi Matthew, the alleged mastermind behind the PFIPC, has been arrested.
Melbourne father Khaled Malas is missing after an alleged shooting in Wildwood on August 19. Police suspect he succumbed to chest injuries following a dispute over a $500,000 debt. Mohammed Aboueid, 56, has been charged with intentionally causing serious injury.
At her triple-murder trial in Massachusetts, former nurse Lindsay Clancy's defence argues she suffered from severe postpartum psychosis when she killed her three children in 2023.
A 15-year-old boy is in critical but stable condition after an alleged stabbing in Terrigal on the NSW Central Coast. Brisbane Water Police established a strike force and are seeking information regarding two groups of teenagers present during the incident.
A third woman involved in the alleged Sydney Swans sexual assault scandal has retained Slater and Gordon lawyers, with a potential civil lawsuit being explored as police investigations continue.