Easyjet is canceling around 100 flights to and from France this weekend due to a cabin crew strike. Unions criticize extreme irregularities in rosters.
AI-generated summary
Unions had previously warned of strikes between August 7th and September 2nd.
Due to a strike by cabin crew, the British low-cost airline Easyjet has canceled around 100 flights to and from France for Saturday and Sunday. The airline said the passengers had been informed and could rebook on other flights free of charge. According to the unions, around half of the planned flights from the two Paris airports as well as from Nice, Bordeaux and Lyon are affected.
Easyjet canceled at least 98 flights for the weekend, including 47 on Saturday and 51 on Sunday, William Bourdon from the SNPNC-FO union told the AFP news agency. These primarily include routes within France and flights to holiday regions in Portugal, Italy and North Africa.
According to Bourdon, 68 percent of the approximately 340 flight attendants who were scheduled to work on flights to and from France this weekend wanted to strike. The cabin crew's strike was triggered by dissatisfaction with the repeated changes to rosters.
Desire for “stability”
Bourdon explained that the cabin crew wanted “stability” in their operations. Some crew members would have to expect 50 to 60 changes to their work schedules and flight destinations per week. Private life is “extremely complicated to organize,” Bourdon told the AFP news agency. Most of the changes happened just a day or two beforehand.
The three unions involved in the talks had warned of strikes between August 7th and September 2nd. Easyjet described the strike as “opportunistic” as it falls on a major holiday weekend when airports are busy. The company asked staff to call off the strike on such a busy weekend. Easyjet has made proposals to change working conditions and discussions are planned for September.
AI outlook — possibilities, not facts
Talks between Easyjet and unions in September
Very likely · Within weeks

Nach der Eurokrise haben Euro-Staatsanleihen für Privatinvestoren auf sich warten lassen. Doch heute bieten sie attraktive Erträge und ein festes Renditewesen, was sie zu einer attraktiven Alternative zu Aktien macht.

Der deutsche Ventilatorenhersteller Ziehl-Abegg beliefert von seinem Werk in Vietnam aus US-Tech-Konzerne wie Amazon. Die Produktion in der Provinz Dong Nai dient dazu, die Abhängigkeit von China zu reduzieren und den Export in die USA zu erleichtern.

Ralf Damde, Betriebsratschef bei DB Regio, kritisiert das Konzept der Korridorsanierungen der Deutschen Bahn. Er bemängelt hohe Kosten, den Austausch funktionstüchtiger Bauteile und die Beschäftigungslage der Mitarbeiter während der monatelangen Vollsperrungen.

Nach einem Urteil des US Supreme Court gegen Trumps Zollpolitik erhalten deutsche Unternehmen wie DHL und Siemens Healthineers Rückerstattungen in Millionenhöhe. Insgesamt wurden weltweit 81,3 Milliarden US-Dollar an Zöllen zurückgezahlt.

Die Renditen für 30-jährige US-Staatsanleihen stiegen auf 5,31 Prozent, den höchsten Stand seit 2007. Finanzminister Scott Bessent plant Interventionen durch Umschuldung, um steigende Kreditkosten und konjunkturelle Belastungen zu begrenzen.

Nach einer enttäuschenden Erntebilanz des Deutschen Bauernverbands aufgrund von Hitze und Trockenheit erwarten Experten keine Versorgungsengpässe in deutschen Supermärkten. Verbraucher müssen sich jedoch auf steigende Preise für Obst, Gemüse und Kartoffeln einstellen.