India on Tuesday condemned the strike in the United Arab Emirates that left three Indian nationals injured, calling for an immediate halt to escalating hostilities in the region. Responding to the attack in Fujairah, the ministry of external affairs said, "The attack on Fujairah that resulted in injury to three Indian nationals is unacceptable. We call for immediate cessation of these hostilities and the targeting of civilian infrastructure and innocent civilians." The statement added that India supports dialogue as the only path forward, noting, "India continues to stand for dialogue and diplomacy to deal with the situation, so that peace and stability may be restored across West Asia. "
Watch
PM Modi call Fujairah Attack 'Unacceptable', Three Indians Injured In UAE
The MEA also stressed the importance of maritime security, saying, "We also call for free and unimpeded navigation and commerce through the Strait of Hormuz in keeping with international law. India stands ready to support all efforts for a peaceful resolution of issues." The Indian Embassy in the UAE confirmed that the injured nationals are receiving care. In a post on X, it said, "Three Indian nationals have been injured in today's attacks in Fujairah. We are in touch with local authorities for ensuring adequate medical care and welfare of the affected Indian nationals." According to reports, the injuries occurred after a strike triggered a fire at the Fujairah Petroleum Industries Zone. Authorities said the injured were taken to hospital, with their condition described as moderate. The incident comes amid rising tensions in the region, with multiple countries urging de-escalation.
Poll
What is the most effective way to ensure maritime security in conflict regions?
International cooperation Stricter enforcement of laws Increased military presence Dialogue among nations
End of Article
Chief Justice of India Surya Kant clarified his remarks comparing some unemployed youth to 'cockroaches,' stating his comments were misquoted and targeted individuals using fake degrees in professions. He expressed pride in India's youth, calling them pillars of a developed nation, and emphasized his respect for them. The clarification followed controversy over his observations during a court hearing.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu is urging a focus on increasing the state's population, viewing children as national assets. He announced financial incentives, offering Rs 30,000 for a third child and Rs 40,000 for a fourth, to counter declining birth rates and an aging demographic. This policy aims to address a significant demographic shift.
Oil prices saw a slight uptick as traders awaited crucial talks between US President Trump and China's Xi Jinping. Lingering concerns over the Strait of Hormuz disruptions and the ongoing Middle East conflict are keeping markets on edge. Despite US pressure, China's continued reliance on Iranian oil adds complexity to potential resolutions.
West Bengal Chief Minister Suvendu Adhikari has chosen to keep the Bhabanipur seat and will vacate Nandigram, despite winning both in the recent assembly elections. Adhikari, who previously defeated Mamata Banerjee in Nandigram, had challenged her again by contesting from Bhabanipur. He stated his inability to hold MLA positions from two constituencies and has taken his oath from Bhabanipur.
Arvind Kejriwal urged India's Gen Z to demand accountability in the alleged NEET paper leak, citing their power to drive political change. He questioned the CBI's effectiveness in past leak investigations, claiming the current probe would yield no meaningful results. Kejriwal highlighted how repeated leaks since 2014 have impacted millions of students, with many occurring in BJP-governed states.