
Prince Harry and Meghan plan to move from the US to a private residence outside London later this month
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry and Meghan, plan to return to the UK and move into a private residence outside London later this month, with their two children attending a British school in September.
AI-generated summary
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex left the United Kingdom and relinquished their royal duties in early 2020, settling in California.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are planning to return to the UK, BBC News has learned.
Prince Harry and Meghan plan to move from the United States later this month to a private, non-royal residence outside London, as reported by the Daily Telegraph and The Sun.
The couple's two children, Prince Archie (seven years old) and Princess Lilibet (five years old), will attend a British school in September.
King Charles was informed of the move on Sunday. There are no current plans for Prince Harry or Meghan to return to their duties as working members of the royal family.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and their two children visited the King at his Highgrove home in July this year, but it is understood the move was not discussed during the visit.
The BBC also learned that the King did not know about this move until the end of last week, but he welcomes the opportunity to see more of the Sussexes on a private and personal level (away from the limelight and official roles).
No change is expected in the official status of Prince Harry and Meghan, as they will remain private individuals.
The Prince and Princess of Wales have also been informed of their plans.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex left the United Kingdom and gave up their royal duties in early 2020, before settling in California in March of the same year.
Family relations have been tense since then, and the July visit of King Charles and Queen Camilla marked an important development in their relationship.
The palace described the meeting, which took place at the king's private residence in Gloucestershire, as a "special family occasion."
This was the first time the king had seen his grandchildren in person in more than four years.
Prince Harry and Meghan have not visited the United Kingdom together since 2022, when they attended the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II.
The couple's security has long been a source of tension, with the July visit being reconsidered after the Duke's request for security protection was rejected.
Last year, Prince Harry lost a lawsuit over the security protection he and his family were entitled to while in the UK.
The Duke sought to cancel a decision that reduced his level of protection after he stopped being a working member of the royal family and moved to the United States with the Duchess.
After announcing the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's intention to return, a Home Office spokesperson stated that security decisions for members of the royal family are made by the Executive Committee for the Protection of Royal and Public Figures, and that the British government's security protection system is "strict and proportionate."
Prince Harry had previously stated that his concerns about his safety prevented him from coming to the United Kingdom with his wife and children.
During his visit in July, the Duke promoted his Invictus Games for injured servicemen and servicewomen, which will be held in Birmingham next year.
David Wiseman, chief program and strategy officer at the Invictus Games Foundation, told the BBC that Prince Harry's return to the UK in time to attend the Games in Birmingham next year is "excellent news."
He added: "I will be very happy to have him back in the country. Moving is stressful for anyone, so I hope things go well and the children settle well at school."
Wiseman told BBC Breakfast that the move "surprised everyone" but that the organization would benefit greatly from Prince Harry's return to the country.
Prince Harry's visit in July was overshadowed by his loss in the Supreme Court in a privacy case against Associated Newspapers, publisher of the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.
Prince Harry and a number of other well-known figures have claimed that the newspaper group used illegal methods to obtain information for its stories, allegations that Associated Newspapers strongly denied.
The Duke has complained about press interference in his relationship with Meghan, telling the court in January: “They have made my wife’s life a living hell.”
Ailsa Anderson, former press secretary to Queen Elizabeth II, said no one expected the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's move.
She added to BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "It's an unexpected surprise, a real shock."
Anderson explained that this step also raises a number of questions, including Prince Harry's relationship with his brother, the security arrangements for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and their relationship with the British press.
She wonders what the rest of the royal family thinks about this matter, and adds: “Of course, Prince Harry and Prince William have not met for four years, and I think their last meeting was at the late Queen’s funeral.”
She said that Prince Harry's recent visit to the United Kingdom last July may have also contributed to his decision to make this decision, especially his visit to his late mother's home in Northamptonshire.
AI outlook — possibilities, not facts
The couple's two children will enroll in a British school in September.
Very likely · Within months
تشهد مناطق جنوب سوريا، وتحديداً ريفي القنيطرة ودرعا، توغلات عسكرية إسرائيلية متكررة تشمل دخول آليات عسكرية إلى القرى الحدودية وعمليات تفتيش ميدانية، وسط تصاعد في النشاط العسكري الإسرائيلي قرب خط الجولان المحتل.

تتواصل العمليات العسكرية الإسرائيلية في جنوب لبنان عبر تفجيرات واسعة للمباني والبنية التحتية في القطاعين الغربي والأوسط، وسط تحليلات تشير إلى سعي إسرائيل لتغيير معالم الجغرافيا ومعاقبة البيئة الحاضنة لحزب الله.
أعلن حاكم إقليم كراسنودار، فينيامين كوندراتيف، عن مقتل طفلين وإصابة شخصين آخرين في هجوم بطائرات مسيرة استهدف مباني سكنية وبنية تحتية مدنية في حي ييسك، مع اندلاع حريق في منشأة بالميناء جراء سقوط حطام مسيرة.

انتقدت كوريا الشمالية زيادة الإنفاق العسكري الياباني واصفة إياه بالاستعداد لحرب عدوانية، بينما أعادت السلطات الباكستانية رئيس الوزراء السابق عمران خان إلى السجن بعد خضوعه لفحوصات طبية في إسلام آباد بأمر من المحكمة العليا.

توقعات بموجة حر تتجاوز 40 درجة في اليونان، بدء دفن مهاجرين قضوا في سبتة، وكشف السلطات الألمانية عن مخابئ أسلحة مرتبطة بمخططات اغتيال وتجسس يُشتبه في تورط روسيا بها.

سجلت حركة السفن في مضيق هرمز ارتفاعاً بنسبة 27% الأسبوع الماضي، مع عبور 192 سفينة. وتؤكد البيانات تراجع سيطرة إيران مقابل تعزيز البحرية الأمريكية لوجودها، حيث تعبر معظم الشحنات عبر المسار العُماني المعتمد دولياً.