
Admiral Grinkevitch, the commander of NATO's European Allied Forces, said that Russia is not currently seeking conflict with NATO and that the U.S. military is reducing its naval and air forces in Europe in response to possible situations in the Pacific.
AI-generated summary
(Central News Agency, Brussels, comprehensive foreign news report on the 11th) General Grinkevitch, commander of the U.S. European Command and commander of NATO Allied Forces in Europe, said that Russia is not currently seeking conflict with NATO, and frankly admitted that the reduction of U.S. naval and air forces in Europe is in response to any situation in the Pacific.
The British "Financial Times" pointed out that when General Alexus G. Grynkewich was asked about the possibility of Russia's raid on the Baltic countries at a symposium at the Berlin International Air Show (ILA Berlin Air Show) today, he emphasized that his duty is to ensure that opponents believe in NATO's deterrence capabilities and to make it clear to Moscow that it is impossible to defeat NATO militarily.
"I've been following the intelligence very closely," Grinkevich said. "Russia is not seeking conflict... They are very aware of the term defense alliance (referring to NATO) and they understand that we have many asymmetric advantages."
European leaders have repeatedly warned in recent years that Russia may conflict with NATO within a few years. The United States is currently planning to reduce the military forces allocated to NATO. According to media reports such as Germany's "Die Welt", the scale of the US military planned to withdraw is considerable, including an aircraft strike group, all submarines capable of launching cruise missiles, as well as a considerable number of anti-submarine aircraft, aerial tankers, and F-16, F-15E and other fighters.
Grinkevitch confirmed for the first time today his plan to reduce the size of the US military in Europe, saying frankly that "this is a series of naval and air combat capabilities. Once something happens in the Pacific region, the US military will urgently need these resources."
Russian President Vladimir Putin last week refuted repeated accusations from European leaders that Russia would invade the West, calling such concerns baseless.

台湾国立台湾美术馆以“台湾馆”名义参加光州双年展,却遭主办方在未通知下改名为“NTMoFA”。台湾文化部及参展艺术家强烈抗议,指责此举为政治审查,背离光州双年展追求民主与人权的初衷。

印尼東部佛羅雷斯島今日發生規模5.9地震,震源深度10公里。美國地質調查所測得規模為5.7。該地區15日曾發生規模7.7強震,造成嚴重傷亡。

俄羅斯夜間對基輔及周邊發動大規模飛彈攻擊,造成至少9人死亡、數十人受傷。鄰國波蘭與羅馬尼亞因領空威脅啟動防空警戒。與此同時,莫斯科亦通報遭到大規模無人機攻擊,俄方稱擊落多架無人機。

日本東武日光線一班特快車「特急SpaciaX2號」20日上午駛入栃木縣新鹿沼站時,撞上4名在鐵軌除草的男性作業人員,4人送醫後傷重不治。警方正調查事發原因。

Four workers in their 50s and 60s died on Thursday after being struck by an express train while removing weeds on the tracks at Shin-Kanuma Station in Tochigi Prefecture, Japan.

哈里王子與梅根計劃於本月稍後時間從美國遷回英國居住,其子女已註冊9月入讀英國學校。英王查爾斯三世已獲告知,但他們無意恢復王室職務,且與威廉王子關係仍破裂。