
Israeli forces reportedly block direct aid delivery to trapped families in Qusra, a claim denied by the IDF.
Activists attempted to deliver water and food to Palestinian families trapped by Israeli settlers in Qusra, West Bank, amid disputed accounts regarding military restriction of the aid.
AI-generated summary
Palestinian homes in the occupied West Bank have been besieged by Israeli settlers for days, with power and water supplies cut off.
Activists have tried to deliver supplies to Palestinians whose homes in the occupied West Bank have been besieged for days by Israeli settlers.
The group left water and food near one of the houses in Qusra where two Palestinian families have been trapped since Sunday, with their power and water supplies cut off.
Two of the residents said Israeli forces had prevented the activists from delivering the aid directly to them, and the supplies had to be left outside. The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) denied this.
Also on Friday, a number of settlers returned to set up a tent near the site - a day after an operation to disperse them from the area. It was later removed by Israeli forces.
The IDF said Qusra was a "closed military zone" and so Israeli civilians - who were among the activists - could not enter the area.
"But they weren't prevented from transferring aid to the Palestinian homes in Qusra."
It said in a further statement that Israeli civilians had erected a tent in the Qusra area earlier on Friday, "and IDF soldiers operated to remove it while protecting the local residents".
About a dozen Palestinian households were told to leave their properties during the operation to disperse settlers on Thursday, including members of the Abu Ridi and Hassan families living in two of their three besieged homes.
Qusra Mayor Abdul Azim Wadi told the BBC that Israeli forces were using some of the vacated Palestinian houses as barracks.
The Israeli military said the aim was "to protect the residents" and soldiers had been "instructed that the Qusra residents will remain in their homes".
A spokesperson had previously described the settlers' actions as "deplorable" and "unacceptable", adding that the government would investigate and arrest those responsible.
AI outlook — possibilities, not facts
Government investigation into settler actions
Likely · Within weeks

Rescuers in Ukraine searched for survivors after a deadly Russian double-tap drone strike killed 16 people and injured 130 at a shopping centre in Kryvyi Rih.

The Ashenda cultural and religious festival in Mekelle, Ethiopia, has been cancelled due to fears of drone attacks following recent deadly strikes in the Tigray region.

Six-year-old Saja El-Khawas has died in hospital three days after being rescued from the sea off Shoreham in West Sussex. Her death follows the fatal drowning of her 14-year-old sister and parents, with police treating the incident as a tragic accident.

The rift between Prince William and Prince Harry remains unresolved as the Duke of Sussex prepares for a UK visit. Despite public calls for reconciliation, sources suggest the Prince of Wales is unwilling to forgive, creating a persistent PR challenge for the monarchy.

The bodies of two Belgian men missing since 1992 were found on Switzerland's Trift Glacier. DNA analysis confirmed the identities of the mountaineers, who disappeared near Weissmies mountain. The discovery follows accelerated glacier melting due to climate change.

A civilian-contracted aircraft crashed near the Cape Newenham radar site in Alaska, killing all eight people on board. The flight originated in Anchorage and was bound for the remote military facility. An investigation into the cause of the crash is currently underway.