AI-generated summary
China News Service, Brussels, June 23 (Reporter Tokuyong Ken) The European Union and the Afghan interim government held immigration repatriation talks in Brussels on the 23rd. This was the first time the EU contacted the Afghan interim government at its headquarters.
The talks that day were held behind closed doors, and the two sides did not report the status of the talks. According to multiple media reports, the EU side was chaired by a representative from Sweden, and 14 other EU member states sent representatives to participate in the meeting. They hope to repatriate Afghan immigrants who have committed serious crimes or pose a security threat in their countries as soon as possible.
Later on the 23rd, Afghan interim government officials told the media that the five-member Afghan interim government delegation visiting Brussels this time hopes to restart consular services in the EU, including establishing mutual trust with the EU, opening consular agencies, and ensuring that the repatriation process respects the human dignity of Afghan immigrants.
Since the Afghan Taliban returned to power in August 2021, this is the first time that the EU has contacted the Afghan interim government at its headquarters. Previously, a spokesman for the European Commission said that in January this year, the two sides held the first round of migrant repatriation talks in Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, and then the EU planned to hold the second round of migrant repatriation talks in Brussels.
Afghan immigrants have continued to flow into the EU in recent years. According to EU statistics, more than 360,000 people will obtain asylum status in the EU in 2025, of which 98,200 are Afghan citizens, ranking first among all applicants.
On the other hand, the total number of illegal entries into the EU in 2025 was approximately 178,000, with Afghanistan ranking third among all source countries, second only to Bangladesh and Egypt. Data shows that illegal immigrants from Afghanistan are concentrated in the Eastern Mediterranean, trying to enter the EU through countries such as Greece. (over)
8月20日晚,“浙江文化时钟万屏计划”在杭州启动,面向全社会发出文化公益共创邀约,通过城乡电子大屏让浙江万年文脉伴随整点报时走进日常生活。

美國地質調查所表示,秘魯南部20日發生規模6.7強震,震源深度99公里。初步報告指出有3人受到輕傷,至少22棟民宅、6所學校與12處醫療中心受損,官員正持續評估災損。

前英國劍橋大學非裔教授阿爾戴身亡後,帶頭指控其剽竊的美國學者科夫納斯今天遭任職的比利時根特大學停職,校方已對此展開初步紀律調查。

当地时间20日,克罗地亚下令羁押一名涉嫌参与2022年“北溪”天然气管道爆炸案的乌克兰籍嫌疑人,以待引渡至德国。该男子此前在克北部被捕,其律师表示将提出上诉。

美國當局宣布對涉嫌為真主黨提供資金的網絡祭出新一輪制裁,並修訂恐怖組織認定,指真主黨受伊朗伊斯蘭革命衛隊指揮,非獨立運作組織。

Malaysian leader expected to visit China to attend the Global Digital Trade Expo in Hangzhou and hold talks with Li, building on efforts to strengthen bilateral relations.