
The U.S. authorities announced a new round of sanctions against networks suspected of financing Hezbollah and revised the organization's designation to say it is under the command of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.
The U.S. authorities announced a new round of sanctions against networks suspected of funding Hezbollah, and revised its designation as a terrorist organization, stating that Hezbollah is under the command of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and does not operate independently.
AI-generated summary
Washington designated Hezbollah as a foreign terrorist organization in 1997. In March this year, Hezbollah fired rockets into Israel, prompting Israel to launch large-scale air strikes and ground incursions.
(Central News Agency, Washington, 20th, Comprehensive Foreign News Report) The US authorities today announced a new round of sanctions against networks suspected of financing Hezbollah, while emphasizing the close relationship between the Lebanese armed group and Iran's Revolutionary Guards.
Agence France-Presse reported that the U.S. Treasury Department said in a statement that it had revised Hezbollah's designation as a terrorist organization to indicate that the organization "is directed by and works for the Iranian regime" and is under the command of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, especially the elite Quds Force.
State Department officials said the new designation "clearly identifies Hezbollah as an Iranian proxy rather than an independently operating organization as past designations have suggested."
"This highlights Hezbollah's almost complete disregard for Lebanese sovereignty, its people and the Lebanese state," the official said.
The move comes as the United States mediates direct negotiations between Israel and Lebanon. Israel and Lebanon are still legally at war, and Hezbollah opposes relevant negotiations.
Washington listed Hezbollah as a "foreign terrorist organization" in 1997 and further listed it as a "specially designated global terrorist" group in 2001.
In March this year, Hezbollah fired rockets at Israel in solidarity with Iran and dragged Lebanon into a broader Middle East war. Israel subsequently launched large-scale air strikes and ground invasions. The Lebanese authorities stated that more than 4,300 people have been killed so far.
The Treasury Department said the sanctions targeted 10 individuals suspected of being involved in a network that transferred cash to Hezbollah. Hezbollah has been sanctioned by the United States many times in the past.

A Myanmar military air strike on a monastery in Myaung township, Sagaing region, killed 14 civilians during a Buddhist Lent meditation retreat. The attack, which occurred Friday morning, resulted in the deaths of 11 men and three women aged 50 to 70.

哈利王子之妻梅根計畫重返英國,但面臨民調低迷及與王室關係緊張的挑戰。專家分析其個人品牌重塑與家庭生活將是未來重心,且其子女預計於九月在英國入學。

德國外交部長瓦德福訪問基輔,嚴厲譴責普丁加劇對烏克蘭的侵略戰爭。德國宣布提供5000萬歐元人道援助,並向北約基金注資1000萬歐元,用於強化烏克蘭能源網絡及無人機防禦系統。
受台风“紫檀”影响,越南广宁省、海防市及东北部地区预计将迎来强降雨与雷暴天气。中国驻越南大使馆提醒在越中国公民密切关注天气预警,加强防范,避免前往高风险区域,并公布了领事保护应急联系方式。

越南前國會議員阮士強一年前開車撞死18歲少女,近期官媒證實其免除刑事責任,引爆越南Z世代怒火。大批網友透過社群平台串聯發聲,引發國際媒體關注,越南政府則警告有心人士煽動騷亂。

伊朗總統裴澤斯基安表示伊朗處於有利位置,是時候結束與美國的戰爭。然而,美國財政部長貝森特矢言透過新一輪制裁讓伊朗政權崩潰,使局勢轉向經濟施壓。