Iran announces progress in talks with US in Switzerland
Quick Look
- Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ismail Baghai reported that progress had been made at quadripartite negotiations with the United States in Switzerland.
- The parties discussed the situation in the Strait of Hormuz, the truce in Lebanon and the nuclear deal.
AI-generated summary
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ismail Baghai announced progress in negotiations with the United States in Switzerland, his words were quoted by Press TV.
“Good progress was made during the quadripartite talks in Switzerland,” the diplomat said.
Earlier, the press pool of US Vice President J.D. Vance reported that the American delegation expected to negotiate all night. According to a senior diplomat, during discussions on Sunday the parties discussed the situation in the Strait of Hormuz, the truce in Lebanon and all aspects of the nuclear deal.
Technical negotiations between Iran and the United States began on Sunday in Bürgenstock, Switzerland, with the participation of mediating countries - Pakistan and Qatar. Tasnim agency later reported that the Iranian delegation left the venue for negotiations after threats from American President Donald Trump. Press TV also broadcast similar information.
Before this, reports began to appear about the completion of the first round of technical consultations, and US Vice President J.D. Vance claimed that the parties managed to achieve significant progress in the first few hours.
As the official representative of the Iranian Foreign Ministry, Ismail Baghai, said, the delegations were going to discuss the implementation of already agreed upon obligations within the framework of the memorandum of understanding, which the parties signed remotely last Thursday.
It envisages an immediate ceasefire on all fronts, including the Israeli operation in Lebanon, and also determines the timing of lifting the naval blockade and restoring shipping through the Strait of Hormuz.
The day before, the military command of the Islamic Republic again announced the blocking of the passage. Because of Israel's actions, the United States was accused of violating the first point of the agreement. Tehran called on Washington to take urgent action against Tel Aviv, warning that otherwise the final deal would be in jeopardy.





