Eddie Hearn insists Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua fight is signed and proceeding
Promoter dismisses Fury's claims that the bout is unlikely to happen, citing a binding contract
Quick Look
- Promoter Eddie Hearn confirms the heavyweight fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua is contractually locked, dismissing Fury's recent doubts.
- Negotiations continue regarding the event's location, with Saudi organisers pushing for a move to the United States.
AI-generated summary
Why It Matters
Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua are scheduled for a high-profile heavyweight boxing match. The fight's location remains a point of contention between promoters and organizers.
Promoter Eddie Hearn said "no-one can pull out" of the proposed fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua.
Fury claimed on Friday that the fight was unlikely to happen, but Hearn, who represents Joshua, stated the fight will go ahead.
"We've signed the contract, we're waiting for a date. You saw Tyson Fury shouting and screaming ... there's nothing to shout and scream about, the fight's done," Hearn told DAZN.
"The fight's signed. No-one can pull out of the fight. You can't just pull out of a contract.
"There's no suggestion that the fight's not happening, no-one can stop this fight from happening. The only way it can stop from happening is if they actually breach the contract."
Fury and Joshua had been expected to meet in November in one of the biggest fights in British boxing history.
Joshua and his promoter Hearn have signed a contract for it to be staged in the United Kingdom, while Saudi organisers Sela are pushing for a move to the United States.
It means Joshua and his promoters Matchroom are asking for changes to the contract, including a bigger purse for the two-time heavyweight world champion to compensate for the added cost of fighting in the US.
"What [the Saudis] want to do is they want to pay Anthony Joshua less money because that's how it'll work out with the difference in location, they want him to do a load of additional stuff," Hearn said.
"I'm not going to blow things up which I could do so easily but there has been breaches in AJ's contract already which we've let slide because these guys are our partners and our friends or were [our friends].
"There's a game being played at the moment."
Open Questions
- Will the fight be held in the UK or the US?
- What are the specific terms of the alleged contract breaches?







