
Hong Kong's women's netball team, after a 23-year absence, is set to return to the Netball World Cup and potentially as Asian champions, needing only a win over Singapore in the Asian Netball Championships final.
AI-generated summary
Hong Kong's women's netball team has not participated in the Netball World Cup for 23 years and seeks its first Asian title since 1993.
It’s been 23 years since Hong Kong’s women last played at a Netball World Cup, they will be heading back to the sport’s biggest tournament next year and may yet go as champions of Asia. On Saturday, only Singapore will stand between them and a first regional title since 1993; no wonder team manager Connie Wong struggled to contain her pride after a 51-47 win over Malaysia at Kai Tak Arena.
Wong has done more than most to get the players to this point, bringing the hopes and dreams of a generation to fruition in the Asian Netball Championships on Friday. “Today was the day we always targeted to have our best performance. I am so proud of the girls,” Wong said. “They stuck to the game plan, played together, learned from the ups and downs this week, and put together a performance like that.
“I can’t remember how many Asian Youth Championships or Asian Open Championships I’ve been playing or coached, the target has always been trying to break into the top three. We always lost in the semi-final previously, so this means a lot.”
Victory came just two days after a thumping 53-37 defeat to Malaysia, and the ecstatic scenes that greeted the semi-final triumph said much for what had gone before.
AI outlook — possibilities, not facts
Hong Kong may win the Asian Netball Championships
Likely · Within days

中職831洋將登錄大限將至,台鋼雄鷹需從5名洋將中淘汰1人。本季表現下滑的洋投後勁,對於去留表示不擔心,強調會做好投球策略。他並認為帳面數據不佳與聯盟紀錄標準及守備運氣有關。

響尾蛇球星馬提日前無故失蹤並與球隊斷聯,引發總教練羅夫洛強烈不滿。馬提隨後被移出限制名單並進入10天傷兵名單。儘管傳出其在比賽期間現身賭場,球團目前將重心轉向其膝傷復健與後續訓練。
2026-2027赛季国际滑联世界青年花样滑冰大奖赛西安站22日落幕。俄罗斯中立运动员包揽全部四项金牌,中国青年选手在女单及双人滑项目中表现亮眼,刘玉萱、金书贤等小将斩获多枚奖牌,展现出中国花滑新生代的潜力与技术储备。

美國加州大學爾灣分校在瓊斯盃4強賽以96:71擊敗台灣藍隊,取得7連勝晉級冠軍戰。主帥透納肯定球隊防守表現,並分享球隊在台期間體驗台北101、放天燈及品嚐夜市胡椒餅等文化行程。

Argentina midfielder Leandro Paredes received a 10-match suspension and teammate Nahuel Molina a seven-game ban following a brawl after the World Cup final loss to Spain, Fifa announced.

The Chinese Football Professional League has disciplined Shanghai Shenhua and Beijing Guoan following fan misconduct, including the harassment of a young boy and offensive clothing at a match.