Relatives of people detained by the Israeli army protested in front of UNDOF headquarters and demanded information about their release and fate.
AI-generated summary
Increasing tension on the Israel-Syria border
Relatives of people detained by the Israeli army gathered in front of the UNDOF headquarters in the village of Nebul-Fevar in the countryside of Quneitra. The demonstrators, carrying photographs of their detained relatives, demanded the release of these people and information about their fate. Yahya al-Bureydi, who attended the demonstration, told the AA correspondent that the Israeli army detained his two sons and his friend during the raid on his house on October 14, 2025. Stating that the detained young people were 19-20 years old and students, Bureydi requested the Israeli army to provide information about where the young people were being held and their health conditions. Bureydi said, "We want the fate of our children to be announced, their release and their safe return to their families." he said. Doctor Hulud Bilana, who participated in the demonstration, reminded that they had previously organized various protests demanding the release of their children. "We are organizing a demonstration to release our children. Maybe this time they will hear our voices and release our children." Bilana stated that they had previously held demonstrations in front of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UN building in Damascus. Bilana noted that they will continue to make their voices heard for the release of their children. Semira Bedevi, the sister of Amir Bedevi, who was arrested by the Israeli army, stated that her brother was taken from his house and detained with some young people accompanying him. Emphasizing that they demanded the release of those detained, Bedevi said that what was done turned into cruelty and that "entering and leaving the territory of a country at will" was unacceptable.
AI outlook — possibilities, not facts
More protests and diplomatic pressure
Likely · Within weeks
Kıbrıs gazetesinin köşe yazısında, 19 Ağustos'ta Ercan Tavsiyeli Hava Sahası'nda Türk A400M askeri uçağı ve İngiliz yolcu uçağının kontrollü hareketi, Rum ve Yunan basınının siyasi kriz yaratma çabaları olarak yorumlandı.
KKTC Başbakanı Üstel, Rum yönetiminin Kıbrıs Türk halkının uluslararası temaslarını, ekonomik hayatını ve egemenlik haklarını hedef alan baskılarını kınadı. Üstel, izolasyon politikalarının ve tehditlerin Kıbrıs Türk halkını haklarından vazgeçiremeyeceğini vurguladı.
ABD'nin Türkiye Büyükelçisi Tom Barrack, İsrail'in Suriye'deki hava üssü saldırısının Türkiye'ye haber verilmeden gerçekleştiğini belirtti. Barrack, İsrail'in bu hamlesini iç seçim dinamikleriyle ilişkilendirerek Ankara'nın itidalli tutumunu övdü.
Wall Street Journal'ın haberine göre, ABD Savunma Bakanı Hegseth ile yaşadığı gerginlik nedeniyle Kara Kuvvetleri Sekreteri Dan Driscoll'un yıl sonuna kadar görevinden ayrılması bekleniyor. Driscoll'un askeri üs içindeki konutunu değiştirdiği belirtiliyor.

ABD Suriye Özel Temsilcisi Tom Barrack, İsrail'in Türkiye sınırına yakın Ebu Zuhur Hava Üssü'ne düzenlediği saldırıyı 'tehlikeli bir oyun' olarak niteledi. Ankara'nın bilgilendirilmediğini belirten Barrack, durumun askeri çatışma riski taşıdığına dikkat çekti.

İran Meclis Başkanı Muhammed Bakır Kalibaf, bölge ülkelerinden yeni güvenlik ve ekonomik işbirliği mesajları aldıklarını belirterek, gerçek güvenliğin bölgesel ve bağımsız bir düzenle sağlanabileceğini vurguladı.