One person died and 3 people were injured in the sword attack at Brinell High School in the city of Fagersta. The police shot and neutralized the attacker.
AI-generated summary
Similar attacks had previously occurred in schools in the cities of Örebro (2025) and Trollhattan (2015) in Sweden.
An 18-year-old person attacked students with a sword at Brinell High School in the city of Fagersta in central Sweden.
1 person died and 3 people were injured in the attack. The police shot and neutralized the attacker and detained him on suspicion of murder.
The attack in Fagersta, a town with a population of approximately 13 thousand, occurred on Friday afternoon. It was stated that the school, where approximately 450 students study, had just opened after the summer holiday, and for some students, it was the first day of class in high school.
Local police chief Tommy Alriksson stated that the teams quickly reached the scene and said, "The first team entered and reported that the attacker was neutralized by opening fire." he said.
Swedish public broadcaster SVT, citing unnamed sources, reported that the attacker, who was wearing a helmet and carrying a sword, was a former student of the school and had previously been convicted of assault.
Local health officials announced that two of the injured were young men who were seriously injured. It was stated that the third injured person was discharged from the hospital.
“IT WAS AN ORDINARY DAY FIRST”
A student named Nellie, who was at the school at the time of the attack, told Reuters about her experiences after the closure, which lasted about five hours.
"At first it was an ordinary day. Then I saw someone whose back was completely covered in blood. Then I saw the police, they suddenly crowded in." he said.
Another student, Abdulrahem Salmo, said that he saw a person with a bleeding stab wound on his arm.
“Then people called the police and we all ran away because we were scared,” Salmo said. he said.
Following the attack, some schools and public buildings in Fagersta were also closed for a while.
Fagersta Mayor Asa-Marta Sjostrom stated that the small city was shaken by the attack and that their priority was to provide support to students and employees.
CLAIMS A SWORD PHOTO WAS SHARED BEFORE THE ATTACK
Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet reported that police were examining a TikTok account thought to be linked to the attack.
According to the news, a photo of a sword was shared on the account in question about 20 minutes before the attack.
Dagens Nyheter newspaper wrote that the photo may have been taken in one of the school's toilets, considering the details in the background.
The account, which was reportedly opened about a month ago, contained videos referencing two mass attacks in Sweden and Norwegian far-right attacker Anders Behring Breivik before it was closed following the attack.
PREVIOUS SCHOOL ATTACKS IN SWEDEN
The most heavily armed attack in Swedish history took place in a school in Örebro in February 2025. The attacker killed 10 people and then killed himself.
In 2015, a masked attacker with a sword killed a teacher's assistant and two students at a school in the city of Trollhattan. It was announced that the action of the attacker, who was shot and killed by the police, was carried out with racist motives.
Swedish Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson canceled his speech planned for Saturday following the attack.
In his post on his X account, Kristersson said, "Our thoughts are with everyone affected by the attack." he said.
Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf also stated that he received the news of the attack with "horror and sadness".

Darıca'da kıyaya vurmuş 3 ceset, kardeşler Gülşah, Muhammet Ali ve Belinay Sakar'a ait. İlk bulgular ölüm nedenini suda boğulma olarak gösterdi. Otopsiden darp izi bulunmadı. Kardeşlerin son yolculuğuna doğum günü olan Belinay, 15. yaş gününde toprağa verildi.

Yeni Parti Gaziantep Milletvekili Melih Meriç, Karataş Mahallesi'nde Seydi Ahmet Keleş ile yaşadığı tartışma sonucu bıçaklanarak yaralandı. Ameliyat edilen Meriç İstanbul'a sevk edilirken, saldırgan ve oğlu tutuklandı.

Ankara Cumhuriyet Başsavcılığı'nın Süleymancılar yapısına yönelik soruşturmasında ikinci dalga operasyon gerçekleştirildi. İstanbul, Konya, Mersin ve Muğla'da 12 kişi gözaltına alınırken, 1 şüphelinin yakalanması için çalışmalar sürüyor.

Süleymancılar cemaati lideri Alihan Kuriş'in yakınlarının kaçışına yardım ettiği belirlenen Mehmet Ö.'nün, FETÖ üyeliği dahil çok sayıda suç kaydı olduğu ve Kuriş'in eşiyle para trafiği bulunduğu ortaya çıktı.

Kuriş soruşturması kapsamında düzenlenen ikinci dalga operasyonda, örgütün mali sistemini kurduğu iddia edilen Osman S. ile çeşitli şirket ve hastane yöneticilerinin de aralarında bulunduğu çok sayıda şüpheli gözaltına alındı.
Giresun'un Piraziz ilçesinde bir helikopterin düştüğü ihbarı üzerine arama kurtarma ekipleri bölgeye sevk edildi. Vali Mustafa Koç ve Belediye Başkanı Mahmut Esat Ayyıldız, bölgede herhangi bir uçuş kaydı veya bulguya rastlanmadığını, ihbarın asılsız olabileceğini belirtti.