
Many children were injured in a grenade attack near a school in the Dasht-i Barchi region of Afghanistan's capital Kabul, where the Hazara population is dense.
AI-generated summary
Dasht-i Barchi region has previously been the scene of bloody attacks targeting the Shiite Hazara community.
A hand grenade attack was carried out near a school in Kabul, Afghanistan's capital, on Monday afternoon.
Kabul Police Spokesperson Khalid Zadran announced that "many children" were injured in the attack. Zadran said that an investigation was launched into the incident, but did not share details about the number of injured people and their health conditions.
Afghan media reported that approximately 50 children were injured in the explosion.
The explosion took place in the Dasht-i Barchi region of Kabul, where the Hazara community lives densely.
Hazaras, who make up approximately 9 percent of Afghanistan's population, have been the target of attack and discrimination in the country for many years. Many attacks have been carried out by the terrorist organization ISIS in the past against the Hazara community, which is largely Shiite Muslim.
CONDEMNATION FROM THE UN
United Nations Special Rapporteur on Afghanistan, Richard Bennett, condemned the attack.
Bennett stated that the attack was "a brutal attack that harmed many children" and said that an independent investigation should be conducted to identify those responsible.
In his post on his social media account, Bennett said, "This region of Kabul, where the Hazara population lives predominantly, has been targeted once again."
THE SAME AREA WAS TARGETED BEFORE
Dasht-i Barchi region has been the scene of bloody attacks before.
In May 2021, a few months before the Taliban took over power in Afghanistan, dozens of people lost their lives in three separate bomb attacks on a school in the same region.
It was reported that all of those who lost their lives in the attack were from the Hazara community, and most of the victims were female students who had left class.
AI outlook — possibilities, not facts
Sharing the results of the investigation into the attack
Likely · Within days
İsrail'in Gazze Şeridi'ndeki Deyr el-Belah kentine düzenlediği İHA saldırısında 1 kişi yaşamını yitirdi. Gazze Sağlık Bakanlığı, 10 Ekim 2025'ten bu yana süren saldırılarda toplam can kaybının 73 bin 419'a ulaştığını açıkladı.
23 Ağustos 1791'de başlayan Haiti Devrimi, köleliğin kaldırılması mücadelesinde bir dönüm noktasıdır. UNESCO tarafından anma günü ilan edilen bu tarih, günümüzde 50 milyona ulaşan modern kölelik sorununa ve insan ticaretiyle mücadeleye dikkat çekmektedir.

Tunus'un Carcis kıyılarında 15 düzensiz göçmeni taşıyan tekne battı. Bir kişinin kurtarıldığı olayda 14 kişi kayboldu. IOM verilerine göre Orta Akdeniz, 2024 yılında göçmen ölümlerinin iki kattan fazla arttığı dünyanın en ölümcül göç rotası olmaya devam ediyor.

Giresun'un Deregözü Köyü yakınlarında bir hava aracının düştüğü ihbarı üzerine ekipler bölgeye sevk edildi. Piraziz Belediye Başkanı Mahmut Esat Ayyıldız ve Giresun Valiliği, şu ana kadar herhangi bir enkaz veya bulguya rastlanmadığını belirtti.
İsrail güçleri Batı Şeria'nın Nablus ve El Halil kentlerinde baskınlar düzenleyerek iki Filistinliyi gözaltına aldı. Kuzey Ağvar'da Filistinli çobanların meralara erişimi engellenirken, bölgedeki saldırıların Filistinlileri göçe zorlama amacı taşıdığı belirtiliyor.
Husilere bağlı El-Mesire kanalı, Sana, Sada, Hacce, Mahvit, Zamar ve Amran kentlerinde 12 Husi mensubu için cenaze töreni düzenlendiğini duyurdu. Ölenler arasında 4 subay bulunuyor ancak çatışmaların yeri ve zamanına dair detay verilmedi.