
Human remains belonging to a woman were discovered at Bedfont Pits following a wildfire.
A murder investigation has been launched after human bones belonging to a woman aged 25 to 45 were discovered at Bedfont Pits in west London following a wildfire.
AI-generated summary
Human bones were uncovered at Bedfont Pits in Hounslow after a wildfire affected an area of woodland.
A murder investigation is under way after human bones were uncovered at a west London park following a wildfire, the Metropolitan Police said.
Emergency services were called to Bedfont Pits in Hounslow at about 18:35 BST on Wednesday, 12 August.
A police spokesperson said the remains were found by a member of the public after the wildfire affected an area of woodland known as The Pits.
Following a post-mortem examination, police said the bones belonged to a woman aged between 25 and 45. They said it was not clear how long the remains had been there and officers were still working to identify her.
AI outlook — possibilities, not facts
Police will work to identify the remains of the woman.
Very likely · Within weeks

Former boxing world champion Zolani Tete was shot dead outside his home in Mdantsane, South Africa, by two masked gunmen. A 27-year-old woman was also wounded in the attack. Police have launched an investigation into the motive behind the killing.

Multiple people died in a collision between a police vehicle and a Volkswagen Passat on the A66 in South Bank, near Middlesbrough, early Saturday. The Independent Office for Police Conduct is investigating the incident following a police pursuit.

A 23-year-old man was arrested after 329 passengers were evacuated from a CalMac ferry in Ardrossan following a bomb threat made after he was rescued from the sea.

Forensic psychiatrist Phillip Resnick testified in Lindsay Clancy's murder trial that the Massachusetts mother experienced a command hallucination and postpartum psychosis when she killed her three children in January 2023.

Firebombs were thrown at supercars outside the Royal Shalimar wedding venue in Birmingham, setting two vehicles alight and prompting guests to flee.

Raymond Williams, 61, has been convicted at Norwich Crown Court of murdering his 49-year-old estranged wife, Tania Williams, after tracking her down during a night out in Norwich.