
The Minister of Transport attacks the Royal House for a photo with Javier Negre, while Alberto Núñez Feijóo denounces a 'constitutional mutation' and immigration management in Ceuta.
AI-generated summary
Minister Óscar Puente has publicly criticized King Felipe VI for a photograph with journalist Javier Negre. The leader of the PP, Alberto Núñez Feijóo, has responded by defending institutional dignity in the face of what he describes as a dismantling of the constitutional system.
Last week, the Minister of Transport, Óscar Puente, described it as "absolute ignominy" for King Felipe VI to take a photograph with Javier Negre. It was the first time that a minister publicly criticized the monarch in those terms. However, Puente, far from rectifying, has delved into that censure in the following days: "The head of State that I have in my head would not touch Javier Negre even with a stick," he said yesterday in an interview in Europa Press, justifying this position in that the aforementioned "is," he said, "a professional of hoax and defamation" and "harasser of progressive politicians." "Whoever has crossed the red line is not the Government, it is the Royal House," he added.
The Popular Party, after these statements, entered the clash against Puente this Tuesday for "singling the Crown." It was the leader of the opposition, Alberto Núñez Feijoó, who regretted "having the misfortune of seeing ministers of the Kingdom of Spain behaving in a tavern manner and insulting adversaries and private citizens." "Or, even, to an unprecedented event, point out the Crown," the popular one concluded in an event from Ribadeo (Lugo).
Precisely, Feijóo has maintained this position in an event organized on the occasion of the centenary of the birth of Leopoldo Calvo-Sotelo, president of the Government between 1981 and 1982. The popular, exposing a contrast with the current members of the Executive - and in particular, implicitly, with Puente -, has praised that Calvo-Sotelo, and also the one who preceded him in La Moncloa, Adolfo Suárez, "were always guided by respect and dignity institutional".
In this sense, Feijóo has referred to the Transition as a "constitutive moment of authentic reconciliation" and, opposite, has placed the current situation: a "destituent moment", in his opinion. "We suffer from a Government that acts against the nation and against the State, occupying it, degrading it and disarming it," the popular one has maintained, insisting on it by accusing the Executive of having "initiated a process of rupture and deconstruction of the constitutional system of 1978."
Feijóo has criticized the Executive that, in his opinion, "governs or misgoverns without parliament, without budgets and abusing the Royal Decree-Law" -Pedro Sánchez is the president under whose mandates more initiatives of this nature have been approved-. "A constitutional mutation is operating through the back door and without a social majority for it," said the popular leader about the Government.
"Absent government" in Ceuta
Feijóo has wondered "what" Calvo-Sotelo or Suárez would have done in the face of "an unprecedented situation" like the one that, he said, Ceuta is experiencing after 80,000 migrants entered irregularly on July 30, and several thousand are still there. "A Government that is absent, inert and indifferent to the interests, security, integrity and sovereignty of the Spanish people," is the definition that, in contrast, the popular one has made of the Sánchez Executive. "We should not take this government's actions as a joke, even though they often seem ridiculous," he concluded, dissing the president in the video he published, days after the avalanche in Ceuta, recommending songs.

La secretaria de Gobernación, Rosa Icela Rodríguez, exhortó al INE y al Poder Judicial a actuar con austeridad ante sus solicitudes presupuestales para 2027, destacando que las prioridades del gobierno deben prevalecer sobre gastos excesivos.

Alberto Núñez Feijóo cuestiona la gestión migratoria del Gobierno en Ceuta y su relación con Marruecos, calificándola de "indolente". Por su parte, el portavoz del PSOE, Patxi López, acusa a Feijóo de adoptar estrategias de extrema derecha y difundir bulos.

El Tribunal Supremo ha denegado la medida cautelarísima solicitada por senadores del PP para forzar la comparecencia urgente de ministros en el Senado por la crisis migratoria en Ceuta, ordenando en su lugar tramitar el incidente por la vía ordinaria.

El movimiento ultra 'Save Europe Act', liderado por figuras como Martin Sellner, celebra su primera gran concentración en Barcelona. La protesta, que aboga por la 'remigración masiva', ha provocado contramanifestaciones y un dispositivo de seguridad de los Mossos.
El envejecimiento poblacional en España choca con un sistema de dependencia ineficiente. La actriz Assumpta Serna denuncia la burocracia que retrasa ayudas vitales, mientras las estadísticas revelan que cien personas mueren al día esperando recibir asistencia.

El ministro de Justicia marroquí, Abdellatif Ouahbi, ha reclamado los derechos históricos y geográficos de Marruecos sobre Ceuta y Melilla, instando a España a abrir un diálogo para resolver el estatus de ambas ciudades tras la reciente crisis migratoria.