
Main contractor and lift subcontractor barred from public works tenders after defects delay hospital block launch.
Hong Kong authorities suspended a main contractor and lift subcontractor from public works tenders after serious installation defects and damaged components left 24 of 28 new lifts unreliable at Queen Mary Hospital's new clinical block.
AI-generated summary
The HK$15.15 billion redevelopment project at Queen Mary Hospital features a new clinical block.
Hong Kong authorities have suspended the main contractor and lift subcontractor working on a new clinical block at Queen Mary Hospital from public works tenders after serious defects left most lifts unreliable and delayed the launch of services.
The Architectural Services Department said in a social media post late on Friday that the contractors’ poor performance had been recorded in assessment reports.
It added that the firms would be required to bear the full cost of remedial works and could face claims for losses arising from delays to the HK$15.15 billion (US$1.93 billion) redevelopment project at the Pok Fu Lam hospital.
“In accordance with contractual mechanisms, we have also reflected the contractor’s and works subcontractor’s poor performance on the project in their assessment reports and suspended their eligibility to tender for public works contracts,” the department said.
The main contractor for the first phase of the redevelopment was the Paul Y-Able Joint Venture. The lift subcontractor, Anlev Elex Elevator, is a subsidiary of ATAL Engineering Group, founded by Otto Poon Lok-to, the husband of former justice secretary Teresa Cheng Yeuk-wah.
The department said damaged electronic components, faulty wiring connections and poor installation workmanship were among the problems affecting 24 of the 28 newly installed lifts in Clinical Block 1.
第十二届华人华侨产业交易会暨2026亚太产业合作与出海博览会在深圳举行,吸引全球50多个国家和地区的专业观众和采购商,促进中外企业的对接和合作。
西安高端装备制造与新材料产业加速转型。同力重工、西电套管、泰金新能等企业通过技术创新与产业链配套,实现从传统制造向“智造”升级,上半年西安新材料产业规上企业产值同比增长25.3%。
广州市老人院建立全国首个银发经济公共实验室,依托4000余名在住长者及一线护理员,通过真实场景验证适老化产品,打通研发至转化全链条,推动银发科技创新成果落地。

南非總統拉瑪佛沙宣布與民間企業展開第3階段合作,由逾30位企業執行長領軍,目標於2030年前將經濟成長率提升至3%,創造百萬就業機會,並透過改善能源、物流及打擊貪腐來提振投資人信心。

美國總統川普對加拿大商品徵收50%關稅,影響約200億美元貿易額。加拿大總理卡尼採取反制措施,並透過開拓中國、印度及歐洲市場,以及推動國內貿易與基礎設施建設,試圖降低對美國經濟的依賴。

中國企業正將生產基地大舉擴張至全球,過去三年海外建廠投資逾2000億美元。此舉旨在應對國內消費疲軟與關稅壓力,並將電動車、綠能及資料中心等戰略產業供應鏈深植於海外,重塑全球製造與物流格局。