
Hekmat Omar Ali Hakim is the first person charged directly in relation to the morning of the 2 October attack.
A 49-year-old man has been charged with failing to disclose terrorist information following the Manchester synagogue attack that left two worshippers dead.
AI-generated summary
Two men were killed in an attack at the Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation synagogue on 2 October.
A man has been charged in connection with the Manchester synagogue attack in which two men were killed.
Counter terrorism police said Hekmat Omar Ali Hakim, 49, of St James Road, Higher Broughton, Salford, had been charged with failing to disclose information regarding terrorist activity.
Hakim has been remanded into custody to appear before Westminster Magistrates' Court on Friday.
There have so far been eight arrests in connection with the attack, however this is the first charge that "relates directly" to the morning of 2 October, when two men died as the Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation synagogue was attacked by Jihad Al-Shamie. He was shot by police and died at the scene.
Worshippers Melvin Cravitz, 66, and Adrian Daulby, 53, were killed.
Assistant Chief Constable Rob Potts, from Counter Terrorism Policing North West (CTPNW) , said: "This is a significant development in our investigation, and my thoughts are with all those affected by the attack, particularly the bereaved loved ones and survivors.
"We have updated them and continue to offer them as much support as possible.
"Since the attack took place, we have been unwavering in our commitment to establishing the full picture behind the incident and identifying anybody who may have been involved in any way."
In July, Mohammad Bashir, 31, who planned an attack on a military base with the Manchester synagogue attacker was jailed for life with a minimum term of 17 years.
He drove his friend Jihad Al-Shamie on a 10-hour round trip to conduct hostile reconnaissance at the UK's Defence Academy in Shrivenham, Oxfordshire, on 14 August 2025.
Weeks after that journey, Al-Shamie, 35, was shot dead by police after carrying out the Heaton Park Synagogue attack.
AI outlook — possibilities, not facts
Hakim to appear before Westminster Magistrates' Court on Friday
Very likely · Within days

Former boxing world champion Zolani Tete was shot dead outside his home in Mdantsane, South Africa, by two masked gunmen. A 27-year-old woman was also wounded in the attack. Police have launched an investigation into the motive behind the killing.

Multiple people died in a collision between a police vehicle and a Volkswagen Passat on the A66 in South Bank, near Middlesbrough, early Saturday. The Independent Office for Police Conduct is investigating the incident following a police pursuit.

A 23-year-old man was arrested after 329 passengers were evacuated from a CalMac ferry in Ardrossan following a bomb threat made after he was rescued from the sea.

Forensic psychiatrist Phillip Resnick testified in Lindsay Clancy's murder trial that the Massachusetts mother experienced a command hallucination and postpartum psychosis when she killed her three children in January 2023.

A murder investigation has been launched after human bones belonging to a woman aged 25 to 45 were discovered at Bedfont Pits in west London following a wildfire.

Firebombs were thrown at supercars outside the Royal Shalimar wedding venue in Birmingham, setting two vehicles alight and prompting guests to flee.