
Qatari Foreign Ministry rejects allegations of captured pilots, citing downed aircraft incident from March
AI-generated summary
Iran claims three pilots were captured in March following a crash. Qatar states the aircraft were shot down for airspace violations.
DOHA, August 18. /TASS/. Tehran's claims that Qatar is holding Iranian pilots are untrue, Qatari Foreign Ministry Spokesman Majed bin Mohammed Al Ansari said.
"These claims in the media are completely baseless and illogical," he said, commenting on Iran's statements about the pilots.
Al Ansari stressed that Iranian aircraft had entered Qatari airspace to strike Doha and were shot down after their pilots failed to respond to warnings. He said the remains of one pilot were found on March 19 and later handed over to an Iranian delegation. The search operation was completed on April 6.
The Foreign Ministry spokesman added that Doha had invited an Iranian technical team to review the details of the search-and-rescue operation, but Tehran had not responded to the invitation, which "remains open."
On August 15, Mohammad Bagherzadeh, commander of the Iranian armed forces' missing persons search committee, said three Iranian pilots had been captured by Qatari forces in March after their fighter jets crashed. He called on the International Committee of the Red Cross to visit the pilots and help secure their release.

Президент России Владимир Путин заявил, что перед страной стоят многочисленные вызовы, несмотря на которые Россия ставит амбициозные задачи и укрепляет суверенитет.

Заместитель министра иностранных дел Казахстана Арман Исетов заявил, что новая Конституция направлена на адаптацию политических институтов к современным реалиям. 23 августа в стране пройдут выборы в новый однопалатный парламент — Курултай.

Председатель «Единой России» Дмитрий Медведев охарактеризовал создание народной программы партии как беспрецедентный проект. Документ, включивший 3,5 миллиона предложений граждан, станет основой работы партии на ближайшие пять лет.

Дмитрий Медведев на съезде партии подтвердил продолжение программы социальной газификации, инициированной партией при поддержке президента. В планах — подключение к сетевому газу более 1,6 миллиона домовладений по всей России в среднесрочной перспективе.

Зампред Совбеза РФ Дмитрий Медведев заявил, что граждане, покинувшие Россию и желающие ей поражения, не должны иметь права на возвращение, независимо от их последующих действий или покаяний.

Заместитель председателя Совета безопасности РФ Дмитрий Медведев заявил, что уехавшие из России граждане, желающие стране поражения в войне, не могут рассчитывать на прощение.