UK YouTuber and rapper Andres Barrientos was previously convicted of two assault charges but jury deadlocked on other counts
UK YouTuber and rapper Yung Filly will face a retrial on three counts of rape after a jury failed to reach verdicts on those charges during a recent trial in Perth, Australia.
AI-generated summary
Yung Filly was recently on trial for eight days, resulting in convictions on two counts of assault but deadlocked verdicts on sexual penetration charges.
UK YouTuber and rapper Yung Filly will face a retrial on three counts of rape, after being acquitted three weeks ago of raping a young woman after a nightclub performance in Perth.
After a trial spanning eight days, a jury found the entertainer, whose real name is Andres Barrientos, guilty of two counts of assaulting the woman in 2024.
The 30-year-old was found not guilty of two other charges of assault, and three counts of sexual penetration without consent.
But the jury could not reach verdicts on three further charges of sexual penetration, and it is those charges the prosecution is seeking to proceed to a retrial.
In court on Friday, prosecutor Danielle Clarke said the complainant was "more than willing to give evidence" in a retrial.
The alleged victim, who was 20 at the time, told the court during last month's trial she had consensual sex with Mr Barrientos after the club night at Bar 120 in Hillarys.
But she said the encounter at a hotel in Perth's CBD became non-consensual when the rapper did things to her she did not want to do.
Mr Barrientos testified he did not hit the woman or hold her by the throat, and while admitting to giving her "love bites", he believed the sexual acts were all consensual.
There was no discussion on whether the retrial would be before a judge or jury.
Mr Barrientos, who is on bail, will appear in court again next week.
He had nothing to say to media as he left the court building.
Sentencing on the two assault convictions would happen after the retrial, the court heard.
AI outlook — possibilities, not facts
Andres Barrientos will appear in court next week.
Very likely · Within days
Former world boxing champion Zolani Tete, 38, was shot dead by two masked gunmen outside his home in Mdantsane, South Africa. A 27-year-old woman accompanying him was also wounded in the attack. Authorities have launched an investigation into the motive.
Nigerian authorities are investigating two fraudulent agencies, the PFIPC and NBDMNSPO, which operated from government buildings using forged documents. Prince Adeniyi Adeyemi Matthew, the alleged mastermind behind the PFIPC, has been arrested.
Melbourne father Khaled Malas is missing after an alleged shooting in Wildwood on August 19. Police suspect he succumbed to chest injuries following a dispute over a $500,000 debt. Mohammed Aboueid, 56, has been charged with intentionally causing serious injury.
At her triple-murder trial in Massachusetts, former nurse Lindsay Clancy's defence argues she suffered from severe postpartum psychosis when she killed her three children in 2023.
A 15-year-old boy is in critical but stable condition after an alleged stabbing in Terrigal on the NSW Central Coast. Brisbane Water Police established a strike force and are seeking information regarding two groups of teenagers present during the incident.
A third woman involved in the alleged Sydney Swans sexual assault scandal has retained Slater and Gordon lawyers, with a potential civil lawsuit being explored as police investigations continue.