
It has been three weeks since the strong earthquake in Kumamoto Prefecture, Japan, at the end of last month. Currently, 39 people are known to have been killed and more than 3,000 people have evacuated. Yatsushiro Port, Kumamoto's largest trading port, has reopened to large ships after partial repairs.
AI-generated summary
A 7.1-magnitude earthquake occurred in Kumamoto Prefecture, Japan, on July 28. The maximum magnitude 7 was observed, causing serious damage and casualties.
(Central News Agency, Tokyo, comprehensive foreign news report on the 18th) It has been three weeks since the strong earthquake in Kumamoto Prefecture, Japan, at the end of last month. Currently, 39 people are known to have been killed in Kumamoto Prefecture, and more than 3,000 people there are still taking refuge. Yatsushiro Port, Kumamoto's largest trading port, has reopened to large ships after partial repairs.
The Japan Broadcasting Corporation (NHK) reported that this strong earthquake with a magnitude of 7.1 occurred on July 28, when the maximum magnitude 7 was observed. The county government stated that as of 2 p.m. on August 17, 39 people had died, including cases yet to be confirmed, and a total of 31,951 residences were damaged.
Kumamoto Prefecture Governor Kei Kimura visited the Prime Minister's Office this morning and expressed his views on the Kumamoto earthquake to Sanae Hidaka City, requesting financial and other support from the central government. Gao Shi said that he would carefully respond to local requirements and quickly compile a support plan.
In addition to the 3,053 people currently taking refuge in 70 shelters in the county, many victims continue to live in damaged homes or cars. Since it is difficult for officials to keep track of victims outside shelters, some are concerned that failure to provide necessary support may lead to worsening health conditions for victims.
In addition, the disaster-stricken areas have experienced high temperatures above 30 degrees for several days. How to prevent "disaster-related deaths" caused by the increased pressure of evacuation life and the deterioration of the body has become an issue in the disaster-stricken areas.
Yatsushiro Port in Kumamoto Prefecture is a trading hub for exporting timber and importing paint, chemicals and other commodities. Because of this strong earthquake, Yatsushiro Port's embankment cracked and the soil at the port liquefied, causing gaps and cracks. Therefore, cargo ships could not be opened to dock after the strong earthquake.
However, after an investigation by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism of the Japanese government, the safety of some embankments was confirmed and the port was announced to reopen for large cargo ships. The embankment for loading and unloading containers still needs to be repaired, and the restart time has not yet been confirmed.
"After the earthquake, Yatsushiro Port's logistics came to a halt. This port supports the regional economy and industry, and this restart is of great significance," said Tetsushi Sato, director of the Kumamoto Port and Airport Development Office of the Ministry of International Trade and Industry.
AI outlook — possibilities, not facts
The central government will compile and provide Kumamoto earthquake support plan
Likely · Within weeks

A Myanmar military air strike on a monastery in Myaung township, Sagaing region, killed 14 civilians during a Buddhist Lent meditation retreat. The attack, which occurred Friday morning, resulted in the deaths of 11 men and three women aged 50 to 70.

哈利王子之妻梅根計畫重返英國,但面臨民調低迷及與王室關係緊張的挑戰。專家分析其個人品牌重塑與家庭生活將是未來重心,且其子女預計於九月在英國入學。

德國外交部長瓦德福訪問基輔,嚴厲譴責普丁加劇對烏克蘭的侵略戰爭。德國宣布提供5000萬歐元人道援助,並向北約基金注資1000萬歐元,用於強化烏克蘭能源網絡及無人機防禦系統。
受台风“紫檀”影响,越南广宁省、海防市及东北部地区预计将迎来强降雨与雷暴天气。中国驻越南大使馆提醒在越中国公民密切关注天气预警,加强防范,避免前往高风险区域,并公布了领事保护应急联系方式。

越南前國會議員阮士強一年前開車撞死18歲少女,近期官媒證實其免除刑事責任,引爆越南Z世代怒火。大批網友透過社群平台串聯發聲,引發國際媒體關注,越南政府則警告有心人士煽動騷亂。

伊朗總統裴澤斯基安表示伊朗處於有利位置,是時候結束與美國的戰爭。然而,美國財政部長貝森特矢言透過新一輪制裁讓伊朗政權崩潰,使局勢轉向經濟施壓。