聯合國:上式人道救援工作者遇襲人數創歷史新高
The Gaza Strip has suffered the most casualties, and the main reason is the increased use of armed drones
Quick Look
- United Nations data shows that a total of 907 humanitarian relief workers were attacked around the world last year, setting a record high.
- Among them, the Gaza Strip is the area with the most casualties, and the widespread use of armed drones is regarded as the main factor leading to a sharp increase in risks.
- United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres called on all countries to abide by the laws of war and hold perpetrators accountable.
AI-generated summary
Why It Matters
The United Nations has flown flags at half-mast in New York and Geneva to commemorate World Humanitarian Day and mourn the rescue workers who died. Data on attacks on rescue workers last year show the serious security situation in conflict areas.
(Central News Agency, Geneva, 19th, comprehensive foreign news report) The United Nations said today that as many as 907 humanitarian aid workers were attacked last year, a record high, with the most casualties in the Gaza corridor. The increase in the use of armed drones was a major reason, calling this trend "appalling."
Reuters reported that according to the Aid Worker Security Database, a total of 907 aid workers were killed, injured or kidnapped last year, up from 833 the previous year, and 350 of them died, slightly lower than the previous high of 387 in 2024.
The Aid Worker Safety Database is funded by Canada and Australia and compiles major safety incidents affecting aid workers.
United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said that this level of violence is appalling and urged all countries to abide by the laws of war and hold perpetrators accountable. "Serving others has become more dangerous now than ever before."
In response to "World Humanitarian Day" (World Humanitarian Day), the United Nations flew flags at half-mast in New York and Geneva today and held commemorative ceremonies to pay tribute to the victims.
Tom Fletcher, Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), said that the use of cheap and easily modified armed drones has increased significantly in conflicts, greatly increasing the risks for rescue workers.
In March this year, Goma in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo was attacked by a drone, killing at least three people, including a French rescue worker. In addition, rescue convoys in Sudan and Ukraine have also been attacked repeatedly.
Statistics show that the Gaza Strip was the area with the most casualties among relief workers last year. A total of 186 humanitarian workers died there last year, followed by Sudan. The United Nations Relief and Work Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) reported that since the outbreak of the Israeli-Palestinian war on October 7, 2023, at least 393 staff members have been killed in Gaza.
Israel says it has done everything it can to avoid all civilian casualties.
Open Questions
- How to effectively limit the threat of armed drones to rescue workers in conflict zones?
- What is the specific accountability mechanism for attacks on rescue workers?







