
The Financial Times reported that the Iranian military is evaluating expanding the scope of retaliation and targeting military assets in Southeast Europe and infrastructure in the Strait of Hormuz.
According to the Financial Times, sources within Iran pointed out that if the conflict between the United States and Iran escalates, Iran is considering expanding the scope of attacks to U.S. military bases in Europe (such as Bulgaria and Cyprus) and submarine cables in the Strait of Hormuz, indicating that the hostility between the two sides continues to intensify.
AI-generated summary
U.S.-Iran relations continue to deteriorate due to the deadlock in negotiations and the takeover of Iranian hardliners. The Trump administration has recently made it clear that it has no current intention to engage in dialogue with Iran.
The Financial Times reported on the 19th that according to sources close to the Iranian regime, Iran is considering attacking US military targets in Europe and submarine cables in the Strait of Hormuz if US President Trump escalates the conflict.
According to the report, insiders in the Iranian government revealed that the Iranian military has evaluated attacks on U.S. military assets in southeastern European countries. For example, Bulgaria last month approved the use of Bezmer Air Base by U.S. tankers. Another insider also added that Cyprus is also a potential target of retaliation. In March, a British air force base there was attacked by a drone.
Sources said the Iranian military is also reviewing the possibility of launching an attack on undersea fiber-optic cables in the Strait of Hormuz if the conflict escalates.
The report pointed out that the relevant threats reflect Iran's confrontational mood. Within the Iranian government, more and more people believe that the war will restart sooner or later. As the negotiations to open the Strait of Hormuz reached a stalemate, Iran's supreme leader promoted a hard-liner to serve as the security and military chief last week. Trump said on the 18th that no talks or dialogue had been arranged or conducted with Iran, indicating that the hostility between the two sides has intensified.
The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and other military commanders have warned that if a new full-scale conflict breaks out, Iran's strategy will no longer be limited to previous attacks on US military assets, energy facilities and other infrastructure in the Middle East, but will shift its targets further afield.
Sidharth Kaushal, a researcher at the Royal United Institute of Technology (RUSI), a London-based think tank, said the threat of Iranian missiles targeting Europe and other regions was "real but limited." Iran may deploy medium-range ballistic missiles such as the Shahab to attack U.S. assets in southern and southeastern Europe, but it will be difficult to cause damage to longer-range targets.

A Myanmar military air strike on a monastery in Myaung township, Sagaing region, killed 14 civilians during a Buddhist Lent meditation retreat. The attack, which occurred Friday morning, resulted in the deaths of 11 men and three women aged 50 to 70.

哈利王子之妻梅根計畫重返英國,但面臨民調低迷及與王室關係緊張的挑戰。專家分析其個人品牌重塑與家庭生活將是未來重心,且其子女預計於九月在英國入學。

德國外交部長瓦德福訪問基輔,嚴厲譴責普丁加劇對烏克蘭的侵略戰爭。德國宣布提供5000萬歐元人道援助,並向北約基金注資1000萬歐元,用於強化烏克蘭能源網絡及無人機防禦系統。
受台风“紫檀”影响,越南广宁省、海防市及东北部地区预计将迎来强降雨与雷暴天气。中国驻越南大使馆提醒在越中国公民密切关注天气预警,加强防范,避免前往高风险区域,并公布了领事保护应急联系方式。

越南前國會議員阮士強一年前開車撞死18歲少女,近期官媒證實其免除刑事責任,引爆越南Z世代怒火。大批網友透過社群平台串聯發聲,引發國際媒體關注,越南政府則警告有心人士煽動騷亂。

伊朗總統裴澤斯基安表示伊朗處於有利位置,是時候結束與美國的戰爭。然而,美國財政部長貝森特矢言透過新一輪制裁讓伊朗政權崩潰,使局勢轉向經濟施壓。