
Yemeni government troops report numerous attacks on Houthi militias, while ships are attacked in the Strait of Hormuz and US President Trump demands control.
AI-generated summary
Ongoing military conflicts in the Middle East and Yemen between regional and international actors.
Felix Stippler
Government forces in Yemen report 181 attacks in 24 hours
Yemeni government soldiers say they carried out 181 attacks against the Iran-backed Houthi militia within 24 hours over the weekend - using artillery, rocket launchers and drones. The targets were military bases, weapons depots and vehicles in various parts of the country, an army spokesman said. Dozens of militia fighters were killed or injured.
The information could not be independently verified. There was initially no reaction from the Houthis. The army spokesman called the attacks a response to Houthi attacks on civilian targets in Yemen, including companies and port facilities.
Julius Stockheim
Pope: Violence against Palestinians in West Bank must stop
Pope Leo XIV has called for an end to violence against the Palestinian population in the West Bank. After his midday prayers at Castel Gandolfo, the leader of 1.4 billion Catholics worldwide said: "I renew my call for an end to the repeated acts of violence against the Palestinian civilian population in the West Bank." He also urged the international community to advance the two-state solution for a “just and lasting peace.”
Julius Stockheim
Iran reportedly puts bounties on US soldiers
According to a report by the news portal Avash, the Iranian army is offering a bounty of the equivalent of 25,000 euros for every US soldier killed or captured. Accordingly, the amount doubles when women arrest or kill American soldiers. The bounty was offered by the commander-in-chief of the regular Iranian army, Amir Hatami.
Julius Stockheim
Iran executes man for alleged spying on Israel
A man has been executed in Iran for allegedly spying for Israel and the USA. According to the justice-affiliated Misan news agency, Shahram Sadeghi allegedly drove his vehicle at high speed into a group of police officers during the nationwide protests in December 2025, injuring seven officers. He is said to have then set his car on fire and fled.
Luke Bay
Israel reports killing of Hezbollah commander in southern Lebanon
The Israeli army says it deliberately killed a senior commander of the Lebanese Hezbollah militia. The commander was hit on Saturday in an attack in Deir al-Sahrani in southern Lebanon. According to official Lebanese information, four deaths and 17 injuries were reported from the town. There was initially no official announcement from Hezbollah about the killing of the commander.
According to the Israeli army, the attack was a “response to Hezbollah operations against Israeli soldiers in the security zone.” Three Israeli soldiers were seriously injured in the attack by a drone loaded with explosives at the Ali-al-Taher Pass.
The killed commander had been involved in several attacks on Israeli soldiers in the past, including with explosive drones, it said. The information cannot be independently verified.
Miriam Braun
Qatar: Do not detain Iranian pilots
Qatar rejects allegations of detaining Iranian pilots. The Qatari Foreign Ministry explains on X that they violated Qatari airspace at the beginning of the year and did not respond to attempts to contact them. Search and rescue teams later found the remains of one of the pilots. Iran has been contacted to coordinate the handover. The spokesman said Tehran had not yet responded to a request to review details of its operations.
Bastian Prockner
Director: Operations suspended at Mocha Port
Trade and shipping traffic in the port of the Yemeni city of Mocha has been suspended. The port director said this became necessary after the port was hit by more than 25 rockets in attacks by the Houthis in recent days. The attacks left seven people dead and caused an estimated $16 million in damage, he said at a press conference.
Bastian Prockner
Iran asks Red Cross for help in releasing three pilots
Iran has asked the International Committee of the Red Cross for help in releasing three pilots it says are being held in Qatar. This emerges from a letter from the Iranian General Staff, which was published by the semi-official Fars news agency. The letter said the pilots were captured after their planes were hit during a mission in March. Tehran describes the target as an “enemy military base” in Qatar. There is currently no confirmation from the Qatari authorities.
Lydia Wolter
Media reports seven dead in Israeli attack on southern Lebanon
According to media reports, seven people were killed in an Israeli air strike on southern Lebanon. Three more people were injured when warplanes bombed a house in the village of Ansar at dawn, the state news agency NNA reported on Saturday.
The Israeli armed forces said they had attacked the infrastructure of the Iran-allied Hezbollah militia on Saturday night in what they described as a security zone in southern Lebanon. The Israeli military spoke of a reaction to actions against its soldiers. It is one of the deadliest attacks since Lebanon agreed to a US-brokered framework agreement for peace with Israel a few weeks ago.
Lydia Wolter
Shipping Authority UKMTO: Freighter shot at in Strait of Hormuz
A freighter was hit by a projectile of unknown origin in the Strait of Hormuz. The British shipping authority UKMTO said the bullet hit the ship's hull during the incident on Friday. The crew is safe. There is no damage assessment, nor is there any information about possible effects on the environment.
Angelika Ahrens
Iran: No decision on new negotiations with the USA
Despite the expiry of the 60-day ceasefire with the USA, Iran says it has not yet decided whether to start new negotiations with Washington. Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said, according to the pro-government Isna news agency, that the USA had violated the declaration of intent made around two months ago and that fighting had resumed. This means that, contrary to what was agreed, there was no ceasefire that had to be extended.
Araghchi said that mediators Pakistan and Qatar were still in contact with Iran. However, the previously existing channels are no longer there and a new channel would have to be set up.
Angelika Ahrens
Iran after Trump's move: Strait of Hormuz is ours
Iran rejects US President Donald Trump's claims to the Strait of Hormuz. “The Strait of Hormuz cannot be taken by tweet, by an aircraft carrier, nor by an order or a campaign speech,” wrote Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister Kasem Gharibabadi on the X platform. Iran neither fears threats nor allows itself to be intimidated by demonstrations of force.
Trump had previously said during an appearance in the state of New Jersey that he wanted to declare the Strait of Hormuz US territory after the end of the Iran war. He initially did not provide any further details.
Angelika Ahrens
UAE: Attack on state oil company ship in Strait of Hormuz
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) state oil company, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company, reports an attack on one of its ships in the Strait of Hormuz. The company said there were no injuries in the incident on Friday.
Angelika Ahrens
Trump: Will make Strait of Hormuz a US territory
US President Donald Trump says he wants to declare the Strait of Hormuz US territory after the end of the Iran war. "Once we defeat Iran - which is currently suffering a crushing defeat - I will declare the Strait of Hormuz the territory of the United States," he said in an appearance in New Jersey. Trump initially did not provide any further details.
Oil prices had skyrocketed as a result of the Iran war because Iran used threats to disrupt shipping traffic in the strait. The strait is one of the most important trade routes for oil and gas and is also a central point of contention between Washington and Tehran.
Angelika Ahrens
Killed in Houthi attack on port city of Mocha
According to the internationally recognized government, four civilians were killed in a rocket attack by Houthi rebels on the Yemeni port city of Mocha on the Red Sea. It is said that the militia fired six ballistic missiles. The Houthis, on the other hand, claim that they have shelled military targets belonging to the troops supported by Saudi Arabia. In addition, the militia-controlled Saba news agency reports a drone attack by the group on a facility belonging to the oil company Saudi Aramco in Najran, Saudi Arabia. There is currently no confirmation from Riyadh.
Angelika Ahrens
Trump downplays grievances on aircraft carriers
Despite reports of abuses on the aircraft carrier “USS Abraham Lincoln,” which has been deployed in the Middle East for months, US President Donald Trump is sticking to the military operation. As can be seen in a video from CBS News, when asked by a journalist whether the operation had gone on too long, he replied: "No, no, no. Not nearly long enough." Trump also downplayed concerns from family members of responders about conditions aboard the aircraft carrier, adding that the ship would soon be relocated and replaced by another "very similar ship."
Trump thereby confirmed some media reports that the aircraft carrier should be withdrawn from the Middle East and replaced by the “USS George Washington”. This was reported by the “Wall Street Journal” and the US broadcasters CNN and NBC News, citing insiders. According to CNN, however, the replacement of the ships was already planned before the complaints. Trump did not mention the name of the “USS George Washington.”
Julius Stockheim
Insider: USA demands that Netanyahu condemn militant settlers
The US is urging Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to publicly condemn settler militants. This is reported from US and Israeli government circles. The background is the siege of Palestinian houses in the village of Kusra in the West Bank, which has been going on for almost a week, where settlers recently turned off water and electricity.
The Israeli military says it has removed a newly erected tent by the settlers. Netanyahu has not yet commented on the incidents. A conviction is considered politically sensitive for him because his right-wing coalition relies on the votes of settlers.
Julius Stockheim
Yemen's military reports foiled Houthi attack
Government troops in Yemen have thwarted an attack by the Houthi militia in the southwest of the country. Dozens of Houthi fighters were killed or injured in Friday's fighting, the armed forces allied with the internationally recognized government said. According to the information, the Iran-backed Houthis wanted to attack military reinforcements in Tais province with drones, explosives and artillery. However, government troops thwarted the plans.
Julius Stockheim
Military attacks Houthi positions in Yemen
Fighting between government troops and the Houthi militia continues in Yemen. According to a Yemeni government official, several militia fighters were killed or injured in an attack on Houthi positions. The representative did not give a specific number. The Houthi militia initially did not comment.
On the west coast of the country on the Arabian Peninsula, government troops began a major offensive against the Iran-backed Houthi militia. Heavy artillery and drones were used. This was preceded by a Houthi attack with drones and ballistic missiles on areas in the province of Al-Hudaida and the port city of Al-Mokka further south. In addition, government troops used artillery to bombard the Houthis' supply routes.
Jeanne Vesper
US and Israeli intelligence agencies appear to be repeatedly at odds
According to insiders, there are significant differences of opinion between the US and Israeli secret services over alleged Iranian plans to attack US President Donald Trump. Israel warned the United States several times last year about attacks, US insiders said. However, the CIA and other US services could not confirm this information. In several cases, the CIA classified Israeli intelligence about the threat posed by Iran as unreliable. The warnings included possible sniper attacks or knife attacks at major events.
The most detailed warning came before the NATO summit in Ankara in July, US insiders told Reuters. Israeli officials have informed the White House that Iran may attempt to shoot down Trump's presidential plane, Air Force One, with a shoulder-launched missile. The Turkish secret service also found no evidence of this and reported this to the USA, according to the insiders.
Sabrina Frangos
Attack on ships: situation in the Gulf remains tense
Shortly before the end of a 60-day ceasefire between the USA and Iran, the situation in the de facto blocked Strait of Hormuz remains tense. During the night, two ships belonging to the state-owned Emirati oil company Adnoc were attacked in the strait. No one was injured in the incident in the strait, the Emirati state news agency WAM reported. There was initially no information about possible damage to the ships. The ceasefire expires this Saturday.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) strongly condemned the attack, which it blames on Iran. The Foreign Ministry in Abu Dhabi stressed that the attack was a blatant violation of UN Security Council Resolution 2817, which affirms freedom of navigation.
Angelika Ahrens
Hegseth: Blockade against Iran possible “unlimited”.
According to Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, the USA can continue the naval blockade against Iran “indefinitely”.
AI outlook — possibilities, not facts
Expiring ceasefires lead to new negotiations or hostilities
Likely · Within days

Bei russischen Drohnenangriffen auf ein Einkaufszentrum in Krywyj Rih starben mindestens 16 Menschen, 130 wurden verletzt. Ein weiterer Angriff in der Region Mykolajiw forderte vier Todesopfer, darunter drei Kinder.

Bei einem russischen Drohnenangriff auf ein belebtes Einkaufszentrum in Krywyj Rih wurden mindestens 16 Menschen getötet und über 130 verletzt. Die Attacke erfolgte in zwei Wellen, wobei die zweite gezielt Rettungskräfte traf.

Russland intensiviert Angriffe auf ukrainische Städte und Infrastruktur, während Bundesaußenminister Wadephul Kiew besucht. Parallel dazu gibt es Berichte über Drohnenangriffe in Russland, Luftraumverletzungen in Finnland und ein mutmaßliches russisches Waffendepot bei Berlin.

Der Iran-Konflikt verschärft sich durch US-Wirtschaftssanktionen und militärische Blockaden. Während die USA ihre Präsenz in der Straße von Hormus verstärken, droht Teheran mit Widerstand. Parallel dazu eskaliert die Gewalt im Westjordanland.

Bei russischen Drohnenangriffen auf ein Einkaufszentrum in Krywyj Rih starben mindestens 16 Menschen, 130 wurden verletzt. Ein weiterer Angriff in der Region Mykolajiw forderte vier weitere Todesopfer, darunter drei Kinder.

Während eines Solidaritätsbesuchs von Bundesaußenminister Johann Wadephul in Kiew griff Russland den Vorort Boryspil mit ballistischen Raketen an. Dabei wurden mindestens zwei Menschen getötet und acht verletzt. Zeitgleich meldet die Ukraine weitere Angriffe.