
After months of suspended operations due to fighting, fishermen in the Strait of Hormuz return to the sea despite ongoing risks.
Iranian fisherman Mohammad Amin and others in Bandar Abbas have resumed fishing in the Strait of Hormuz after months of suspended operations caused by US-Iran fighting that left nearly a dozen fishermen dead and others missing.
AI-generated summary
Months of fighting between Iran and the United States in and around the Strait of Hormuz halted local fishing activities and depleted savings.
Aboard his boat moored along the Strait of Hormuz, Iranian fisherman Mohammad Amin mended a torn fishing net after a long day in waters that have long sustained his livelihood, but are now shadowed by the threat of death.
It has been less than a month since the 47-year-old resumed his routine of waking before dawn, heading out to sea and returning hours later with the day’s catch – a routine he had to put on hold during months of fighting between Iran and the United States in and around the strategic waterway.
During that time Mohammad Amin exhausted his modest savings, all the while fearing that his small boat, anchored alongside dozens of others on the Bandar Abbas waterfront, would be destroyed by strikes.
“We had been idle for more than three months; it was simply impossible to go” out to sea, he said, as he carefully stitched nylon twine through his net.
Nearly a dozen fishermen were killed off Bandar Abbas and nearby southern islands, and 17 others from the neighbouring Sistan-Baluchistan province south of Hormuz went missing during months of fighting, according to Iranian media.
“It’s been about 20 days that we have been going back to sea,” Mohammad Amin said, adding they could wait no longer.

日本關東地區今日清晨發生規模5.9地震,震央位於茨城縣南部,深度約70公里。目前無海嘯風險,未傳出重大傷亡。東京部分地區出現停電與水管破裂,核電設施運作正常,政府已成立緊急應變小組。

A Myanmar military air strike on a monastery in Myaung township, Sagaing region, killed 14 civilians during a Buddhist Lent meditation retreat. The attack, which occurred Friday morning, resulted in the deaths of 11 men and three women aged 50 to 70.

哈利王子之妻梅根計畫重返英國,但面臨民調低迷及與王室關係緊張的挑戰。專家分析其個人品牌重塑與家庭生活將是未來重心,且其子女預計於九月在英國入學。

德國外交部長瓦德福訪問基輔,嚴厲譴責普丁加劇對烏克蘭的侵略戰爭。德國宣布提供5000萬歐元人道援助,並向北約基金注資1000萬歐元,用於強化烏克蘭能源網絡及無人機防禦系統。
受台风“紫檀”影响,越南广宁省、海防市及东北部地区预计将迎来强降雨与雷暴天气。中国驻越南大使馆提醒在越中国公民密切关注天气预警,加强防范,避免前往高风险区域,并公布了领事保护应急联系方式。

越南前國會議員阮士強一年前開車撞死18歲少女,近期官媒證實其免除刑事責任,引爆越南Z世代怒火。大批網友透過社群平台串聯發聲,引發國際媒體關注,越南政府則警告有心人士煽動騷亂。