Health officials discovered spoiled food items during an inspection following reports of a family falling ill.
AI-generated summary
The Surat Municipal Corporation recently conducted a city-wide food safety drive inspecting over 1,000 establishments.
SURAT: A restaurant in Surat was shut by the health department after one child died and three others were hospitalised following suspected food poisoning. The Surat Municipal Corporation’s (SMC) health department inspected the restaurant early Tuesday following a complaint about food poisoning, news agency ANI reported. Food safety officer Sejal Vyas said the team found several food items in poor condition and ordered their destruction. “Upon learning of a young girl’s death, we have shut down the entire restaurant,” Vyas said.
According to Vyas, the inspection found items including chana dal that had spoiled, while some vegetables were slightly degraded and had been left uncovered. Paneer was also found exposed. “All these items have been destroyed,” Vyas said. The health department learnt that the affected family had purchased vegetables and other items from the restaurant on August 15, following which they reportedly suffered from food poisoning. The exact cause of the illness and death is yet to be established, ANI reported. The health department is expected to take further action after its investigation.
Vyas said appropriate action would be taken against the restaurant owner under the Food Safety Act. She added that samples collected from the establishment during previous inspections had passed quality tests. The incident comes days after the SMC conducted a late-night food safety drive across Surat. During the operation, civic teams inspected 1,170 establishments and destroyed 376 kg of inedible food. Officials also issued penalties to 616 violators and served 135 notices for food safety, sanitation and solid waste management violations. The SMC has said surprise inspections will continue across the city to check the sale of unsafe food and ensure compliance with food safety and hygiene norms.
AI outlook — possibilities, not facts
Health department to initiate legal action under Food Safety Act.
Very likely · Within weeks
The Indian Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has issued an advisory for H1N1 symptoms as Delhi reports 1,777 swine flu cases this year. Officials urge early medical consultation and hygiene practices to curb the spread of the respiratory infection.

दिल्ली-एनसीआर में स्वाइन फ्लू (एच1एन1) के 1,700 से अधिक मामले दर्ज किए गए हैं। स्वास्थ्य विशेषज्ञ सामान्य फ्लू जैसे दिखने वाले इन लक्षणों को नज़रअंदाज़ न करने की सलाह दे रहे हैं, क्योंकि ये गंभीर स्थिति में जानलेवा हो सकते हैं।

जलवायु परिवर्तन के कारण भीषण गर्मी बढ़ रही है, और डॉक्टर चेतावनी दे रहे हैं कि मानसिक स्वास्थ्य, ब्लड प्रेशर तथा दिल की बीमारियों की कुछ आम दवाएं शरीर के तापमान को नियंत्रित करने की क्षमता पर असर डाल सकती हैं।
Union Health Minister J P Nadda reviewed national H1N1 influenza preparedness and surveillance measures. The meeting focused on hospital readiness in Delhi and emphasized public awareness regarding hygiene to manage seasonal respiratory illness cases.

डेनमार्क की कंपनी नोवो नॉर्डिस्क ने भारत में 'एविक्ली' (इंसुलिन आइकोडेक) लॉन्च किया है। यह दुनिया का पहला साप्ताहिक बेसल इंसुलिन इंजेक्शन है, जो 18 वर्ष से अधिक उम्र के डायबिटीज़ रोगियों के लिए है। यह साल में 365 के बजाय केवल 52 इंजेक्शन की आवश्यकता सुनिश्चित करता है।
Four patients received potassium instead of pain medication during joint replacement surgeries at an Ascension Saint Thomas hospital in Tennessee, leaving at least one patient permanently paralyzed. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is probing the incident.