
AI-generated summary
Recent joint military exercises between South Korea and the United States have triggered a backlash from North Korea
(Central News Agency, Seoul, comprehensive foreign news report on the 20th) South Korea’s military said that North Korea launched multiple short-range ballistic missiles into the sea east of the Korean Peninsula today. Yonhap News Agency reported that South Korea's Contract General Staff Headquarters stated that the military detected North Korea's launch at around 5 p.m. local time. The South Korean military also stated that the range of these missiles is about 300 kilometers. The Contracting Staff Headquarters stated that the military has stepped up monitoring and vigilance for possible more missile launches, while closely sharing relevant information with the United States and Japan to maintain full combat readiness. An official from South Korea's Contract Staff Headquarters told AFP that North Korea launched about 10 short-range ballistic missiles from the Pyongyang area. North Korea's most recent projectile was on August 12, when it fired a short-range ballistic missile toward the Sea of Japan. At this time, South Korea and the United States are holding joint military exercises. U.S. President Donald Trump has recently ordered a reduction in the exercises, so the time and scale of the joint military exercises have been reduced. Japan's Defense Ministry said North Korea launched a suspected ballistic missile object, noting that the object fell outside Japan's exclusive economic zone (EEZ). "Nihon Keizai Shimbun" reported that North Korea had previously expressed resistance to the joint military exercises carried out by the US and South Korean militaries in South Korea since the 17th. Senior Self-Defense Force officials speculated: "This should be North Korea's response to the U.S.-South Korea drills and Trump's mention of talks between U.S. and North Korean leaders."
AI outlook — possibilities, not facts
North Korea may continue launching missiles to counter joint military drills
Likely · Within weeks

日本防衛大臣小泉進次郎與印度國防部長辛赫會談,同意出口艦艇用「獨角獸」通訊天線至印度,並簽署擴大海上防衛合作備忘錄,雙方亦計畫於今年內舉行外交與國防「2+2」會談。

Japan's defence ministry is preparing an 8.9 trillion yen budget request for 2027, focusing on drones, AI, and long-range missiles. The move reflects concerns over Indo-Pacific security, lessons from Ukraine, and the reliability of US security commitments.

A study by the Beijing Institute of Technology using AI modeling suggests China's industrial sector could only fulfill 60% of military drone demand during a sudden conflict, citing significant supply chain and production line expansion limitations.

美軍華盛頓號航艦已抵達中東預備接替林肯號。林肯號因長期部署超過250天引發官兵心理健康及生活條件惡化關切,此次調動也使得美國在太平洋地區暫時出現航艦空窗期。

芬蘭國防部表示,懷疑有一架俄羅斯飛機今天稍早侵犯芬蘭領空,國防部長哈卡寧強調每一件疑似事件都會被嚴肅看待,目前調查正在進行中。

Russia's Pacific Fleet conducted a missile test off disputed islands claimed by Japan following an intensifying diplomatic row over President Vladimir Putin's recent visit to the territory.