
AI-generated summary
(Central News Agency, Washington, 26th, comprehensive foreign news reports) The United States launched air strikes against Iran today in response to an Iranian drone attack on a cargo ship in the Strait of Hormuz. The Iranian Revolutionary Guards subsequently counterattacked the US military stronghold. This is the first time the United States and Iran have exchanged blows since they signed a memorandum of understanding last week. US Vice President Vance issued a tough warning.
According to reports from Reuters and Agence France-Presse, JD Vance said that the United States has complied with the ceasefire agreement, which is the previously signed memorandum of understanding, and warned Iran not to conduct further attacks.
Vans said on the social platform
The United States on Sunday accused Iran of launching air strikes on each other after attacking a cargo ship in the Strait of Hormuz, adding another element of uncertainty to the fragile ceasefire.
The U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) stated that "the unprovoked aggression by Iranian forces against commercial shipping is a clear violation of the ceasefire agreement." The U.S. military responded by launching air strikes on Iranian missile and drone storage locations and coastal radar stations.
The U.S. Central Command described the operation as a "strong response" to the incident in which "a merchant ship was attacked while passing through the Strait of Hormuz yesterday."
Iran's official TV station reported in the early morning of the 27th local time that Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) stated that they had targeted U.S. military strongholds in the Persian Gulf for attack in retaliation for U.S. air strikes.
"If aggression occurs again, our counterattack will be more extensive than this time," the Revolutionary Guards said.

US sanctions on ICC President Tomoko Akane have placed Tokyo in a difficult diplomatic bind, forcing Japan to balance support for the international court with relations with Washington.

美國總統川普威脅對伊朗發動經濟戰並制裁貿易夥伴,法新社列舉中國、阿聯、土耳其、俄羅斯等與伊朗維持經貿往來的主要國家與地區。

隨着霍爾木茲海峽受伊朗戰爭干擾,巴拿馬運河成為美中地緣政治角力的新焦點。美國警告中國擴大影響力威脅貿易安全,北京則駁斥華盛頓藉此企圖控制運河。巴拿馬重申主權與中立,同時運河亦面對乾旱帶來的航運限制。
8月20日晚,“浙江文化时钟万屏计划”在杭州启动,面向全社会发出文化公益共创邀约,通过城乡电子大屏让浙江万年文脉伴随整点报时走进日常生活。

美國地質調查所表示,秘魯南部20日發生規模6.7強震,震源深度99公里。初步報告指出有3人受到輕傷,至少22棟民宅、6所學校與12處醫療中心受損,官員正持續評估災損。

前英國劍橋大學非裔教授阿爾戴身亡後,帶頭指控其剽竊的美國學者科夫納斯今天遭任職的比利時根特大學停職,校方已對此展開初步紀律調查。