
The UAE suspends its dealings with Tehran and the Houthis announce the targeting of the Aramco refinery in Jizan
AI-generated summary
The region has witnessed escalating tensions since February, with mutual accusations between Iran and the UAE regarding maritime security.
On Wednesday morning, the Iranian Armed Forces warned the Gulf states against assisting the US military, the day after the UAE announced it would stop all commercial and financial dealings with Tehran, after it was accused of launching two missiles targeting maritime navigation, which Iran denied.
On another front, the Ansar Allah Houthi group announced that it had targeted the Aramco refinery in Jizan with drones, without Saudi confirmation, amid escalating tensions between the group and the Kingdom.
On Wednesday morning, the Iranian Armed Forces warned the Gulf states against providing assistance to the US military, without the nature of the measures they indicated being immediately clear.
The warning came the day after the UAE announced, on Tuesday, the suspension of all its commercial and financial dealings with Iran until further notice, after it accused Tehran of launching two ballistic missiles that targeted maritime navigation and fell into the sea, one inside UAE territorial waters and the other outside it.
Iran denied launching the two missiles, and its Foreign Ministry spokesman, Ismail Baghaei, said that the Emirati accusation harms confidence and efforts to strengthen regional security.
These are the first missiles that the UAE says have been targeted since May, after a period of relative calm, but Abu Dhabi accuses Tehran of repeatedly targeting tankers belonging to ADNOC in recent weeks.
The UAE, one of Iran's most prominent trading partners, recalled its ambassador and closed institutions linked to Tehran earlier in the war. It was also exposed to about three thousand Iranian missiles and drones during the first weeks of the war that broke out on February 28.
In Tehran, on Tuesday, Iranians gathered in the Imam Khomeini prayer hall to hold a ceremony commemorating the fortieth anniversary of the funeral of Ali Khamenei, who was killed in a joint American-Israeli air strike.
In a related military development, the US Army published on Monday and Tuesday scenes of the aircraft carrier USS George Washington crossing the Strait of Malacca and conducting take-off and landing operations for combat aircraft in the Indian Ocean. An American official said that the carrier was heading to the region to replace the USS Abraham Lincoln in a previously scheduled replacement operation.
The Houthis said on Tuesday that they targeted an Aramco refinery in Jizan with a number of drones, in response to what they described as violations of the airspace over the Saada and Hajjah governorates, and there was no Saudi confirmation of the attack.
In a separate development inside Yemen, photos published by Agence France-Presse showed an injured child receiving treatment in a hospital. Agence France-Presse said that the child was injured following a drone attack that reports said was carried out by the Houthis, on Tuesday, in the Masha area of the Hays District, south of Hodeidah.
This came a day after the group announced the targeting of a Saudi military boat off Mokha, and Houthi media said that its sea and land attacks aimed to disrupt Saudi supply lines and restrict the movement of forces supported by Riyadh.
In a separate incident that occurred on Monday and was revealed on Tuesday, the British Maritime Trade Operations Authority said that an unmanned cargo ship was hit by unknown projectiles forty nautical miles southeast of Mocha, which led to its complete loss. The authority did not attribute the attack to any party.
دعا نفتالي بينيت إلى استبعاد تركيا وقطر من أي دور مستقبلي في غزة وتسليم الملف لمصر، منتقداً استراتيجية الحكومة الحالية تجاه حماس وإيران، ومطالباً بفرض الخدمة العسكرية على الحريديم وتوسيع اتفاقيات إبراهيم.

تُنفذ الولايات المتحدة عمليات مرافقة ليلية لناقلات النفط عبر المسار العُماني لتجاوز تهديدات إيران في مضيق هرمز، بالتزامن مع تدمير رادارات إيرانية وتصعيد العقوبات الاقتصادية التي تهدد بإشعال حرب تجارية مع الصين.

سمحت إيران لناقلات نفط عراقية بالعبور عبر مضيق هرمز بعد طلبات من بغداد، وذلك عقب زيارة رئيس مجلس الشورى الإيراني محمد باقر قاليباف للعراق، في خطوة تهدف لتأمين صادرات النفط العراقية وسط توترات أمنية إقليمية.
افتتح رئيس الوزراء المصري مصطفى مدبولي، نيابة عن الرئيس السيسي، سد ومحطة جوليوس نيريري بتنزانيا، الذي نفذه تحالف شركتي المقاولون العرب والسويدي إليكتريك، مشيداً بقدرة الشركات المصرية على تنفيذ المشروعات الكبرى في إفريقيا.

أعلن رئيس البرلمان الإيراني محمد باقر قاليباف عن تلقي طهران رسائل إقليمية لترتيبات أمنية واقتصادية جديدة، وذلك في ظل تصاعد التوترات مع واشنطن وتهديد الرئيس ترامب بفرض عقوبات اقتصادية غير مسبوقة على إيران.
انتقد رئيس البرلمان الإيراني محمد باقر قاليباف السياسات الأمريكية في المنطقة، معتبراً أنها تعرض أمن الحلفاء للخطر لصالح إسرائيل، ودعا إلى إقامة نظام إقليمي مستقل لتحقيق السلام.