
More than 70,000 people tried to cross the border at the end of July. Interior Minister Grande-Marlaska announces repatriations.
AI-generated summary
At the end of July, more than 70,000 people tried to cross the border into Ceuta, leaving almost 100 people dead.
At the end of July, more than 70,000 people had already tried to cross the border from Morocco to the Spanish exclave. Almost 100 people were killed.
Security forces on Fnideq beach
After the influx of many migrants, Spain had already set up a sea barrier and sent more than 500 additional police officers from the mainland. The Interior Ministry said they would stay as long as the situation required. "We will continue to use all necessary forces to restore normality as quickly as possible and to prevent events like those of July 30 from happening again," Interior Minister Fernando Grande-Marlaska told reporters in Ceuta on Thursday. The minister said that around 5,000 migrants were still in Ceuta. The authorities have started checking the adults. Spain will return those without the right to remain in Morocco. The majority of migrants had already voluntarily returned to Morocco shortly after the stampede.
On the Moroccan side of the border, dozens of black-clad security forces monitored Fnideq beach on Friday evening, from where many migrants had set off for Ceuta. According to local media reports, security forces have been reinforced and barbed wire fences have been erected at the borders with Ceuta and the second Spanish exclave Melilla. Earlier this week, the government in Rabat said it was monitoring "the spread of social media posts and messages of unknown origin" calling for a mass stampede on August 15. She warned she would prosecute organizers and participants.
AI outlook — possibilities, not facts
Spain returns adults without the right to remain in Morocco
Very likely · Within days

Bei russischen Drohnenangriffen auf ein Einkaufszentrum in Krywyj Rih starben mindestens 16 Menschen, 130 wurden verletzt. Ein weiterer Angriff in der Region Mykolajiw forderte vier Todesopfer, darunter drei Kinder.

Bei einem russischen Drohnenangriff auf ein belebtes Einkaufszentrum in Krywyj Rih wurden mindestens 16 Menschen getötet und über 130 verletzt. Die Attacke erfolgte in zwei Wellen, wobei die zweite gezielt Rettungskräfte traf.

Russland intensiviert Angriffe auf ukrainische Städte und Infrastruktur, während Bundesaußenminister Wadephul Kiew besucht. Parallel dazu gibt es Berichte über Drohnenangriffe in Russland, Luftraumverletzungen in Finnland und ein mutmaßliches russisches Waffendepot bei Berlin.

Der Iran-Konflikt verschärft sich durch US-Wirtschaftssanktionen und militärische Blockaden. Während die USA ihre Präsenz in der Straße von Hormus verstärken, droht Teheran mit Widerstand. Parallel dazu eskaliert die Gewalt im Westjordanland.

Bei russischen Drohnenangriffen auf ein Einkaufszentrum in Krywyj Rih starben mindestens 16 Menschen, 130 wurden verletzt. Ein weiterer Angriff in der Region Mykolajiw forderte vier weitere Todesopfer, darunter drei Kinder.

Während eines Solidaritätsbesuchs von Bundesaußenminister Johann Wadephul in Kiew griff Russland den Vorort Boryspil mit ballistischen Raketen an. Dabei wurden mindestens zwei Menschen getötet und acht verletzt. Zeitgleich meldet die Ukraine weitere Angriffe.